why Nightwish

its not just her vocals... its her image.. when you think of Nightwish you think of Tarja.. i can't name anyone else in the band lol ... anyways i bought their Wishmaster album a while ago out of curiosity why everyone likes them.. only listened to the album 2 times and haven't listened to it again.... im not really into operatic vocals... might give it a listen one last time... just for the hell of it and if it bores me go back to the new Dark Funeral album...

The answer to that question is simple and easy.
:worship: They ROCK! :worship:

Every member of the band is extremely talented in what they do. They got great lyrics, catchy songs, and even if you don't like the operatic vocals, you have to admit, Tarja can sing. Let's see YOU nightwish haters get on stage and sing opera. It ain't easy, give her a break. Too bad she's gone, but Tuomas IS Nightwish!!!:worship: (Not Tarja) Don't be hatin'

I find Nightwish alright, they come off a bit cheesy for me. I much prefer Tristania in that style of music

I like Tristania's album 'ashes' but i'm having a hard time getting into previous works.

The Greys said:
I like Tristania's album 'ashes' but i'm having a hard time getting into previous works.

That's interesting, because Ashes is seen by most to not be as good as their mid-career albums. I personally was disappointed by Ashes (not that I don't like it). If you want, IM me and I'll send you Beyond the Veil and World of Glass. If not, songs I think you should hear are:

Tender Trip on Earth
Wormwood
Aphelion
Deadlocked
Opus Relinque
Heretique

The reason why I like Ashes because the band does not over do anything. Everything musically vocally is spaced out so it's not always in your face. I like how some songs have lots of growling & little female vocals or vic versa. The album comes of more memorable & each song has more of an indentity. It's also more laid back than anything else from them.

I'm pretty sure I have most if the albums before downloaded but just could not get into it. I don't always delete stuff I can't get into right away. I could always try again or maybe tomorrow you could just send those specific songs.

Yeah I reckon give them another listen, Beyond the Veil and World of Glass are my fave albums by them

I am a big Nightwish fan. I feel that they make very well crafted music and it just suits my taste. Century Child is probably my favorite from them. I saw the band live in New York City in August 04 and it was an amazing show. Too bad Tarja isn't in the band anymore. I hope they boys can bounce back with someone just as good or better.

Also for those of you who aren't quite into the operatic thing check out a new band called Stream of Passion. They are absolutely amazing. It is dark, melodic metal with amazing female singer Marcela Bovio and the musical genious Arjen Lucassen.