why no-one visits anathema chat-room?

I used to go alot, like a year year and a half ago. Alot of people that I know from there began using messenger services like MSN, ICQ and the other ones. Eventually the crowd just thinned out to almost nothing. So I rarely go anymore. And when I do there's never anyone there except when I caught Dougie and a couple other people one day quite a while ago. I think I might go check now just for the hell of it.

Hei Hobo, Anna, Ice :)

Yes, there is activity in the #anathema channel, at least on Undernet. And no, there are not only Polish people there.
(We do however have a load of Romanians).
I think this has been said before, but there are irc applets
both on www.anathema.info and www.anathema-undernet.tk
for those interested in checking it out, without having to install a
program like mIRC or similar.

MeaCulpa / Enea

That chatroom was a meeting place for merd-it worshippers. Some sick stuffs have gone on in there:puke:
Its a good job Coronation Street had that story warning about internet perverts or all the young Anathema fans would have apples stuck up their arses chokin on their ma's knickers:eek:

Well... The channel is just fine right now. Don't worry about certain people around there. 99% of the people on that channel are just fine! (Hey Daan, hey Mia, hey Sopel, hey Omar, hey Hobo, hey Eos, hey Dougie! etc).

Plz come and talk to me. I feel so lonely when I don't have all your attention ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by Garm
haha! you'll never guess who I am :p

...except mia as usual.. :Smug:

This is too easy, too bad you have Garm as your alt.nick
Brynjar.

And Ghostie, I am perfectly aware of the fact that you
said IRCnet, but I can still comment on where people
on the Undernet channel come from.

Originally posted by Strangelight
That chatroom was a meeting place for merd-it worshippers. Some sick stuffs have gone on in there:puke:
Its a good job Coronation Street had that story warning about internet perverts or all the young Anathema fans would have apples stuck up their arses chokin on their ma's knickers:eek:

Hahahaaha..... this 'merdit' thing again ;) Glad I got a good explanation on that one earlier ;)

Originally posted by MeaCulpa

This is too easy, too bad you have Garm as your alt.nick
Brynjar.

And Ghostie, I am perfectly aware of the fact that you
said IRCnet, but I can still comment on where people
on the Undernet channel come from.

Easy only because you bother to remember peoples alt. nicks!

if you go backstage at festivals you will see posers in bands and people arse kissing them. they measure you by your "importance" and they never go out to the proper festival cos they are full of shit.

Originally posted by Mick Moss
.....The anathema chatroom maybe about a year ago was a pretty dire place, with a bizarre hierarchy between visitors. New or irregular usernames were frowned upon by 'regulars' who claimed to know the band personally ...

YEAH, Damn true. Anathema Chatroom was kinda shit. I felt ashamed and never came anymore, cos new ppl never came anymore.
But I think the main fact is that Bravenet closed the main chat derectory and the link leaded you to the chat itself... that was traduced as a new visitors decrease. Bravenet killed Anathema chat.

Originally posted by StrahmCallin'!
I talked to Danny once in the chatroom although I doubt he remembers. It was a long time ago. The bottom line is everyone should go to it because it is still a cool chat. That I garens and that is true!

LM(FUCKIN')AO:lol:

HOW A COOL CHAT STILL?? The background?? The knock, knock?? What, my man? There is no bloke inside, guy. What's cool then? Is it cool when you're inside?

Hail Bravenet! That chatroom was sick and a shitty 'in crowd' slagging off Anathema to feed some gloryhunters ego. Even feeding his weird sexual needs. If I knew my daughter was on the phone to some old pervert I would find him and chop his dick off.
I think I will anyway:mad:

Originally posted by pagan2002

only because i can never get in there! must be these machines or something.

I think it's because there is a firewall in the library and somehow bravenet doesn't like it. I guessed it just now because I'm at the library and I cannot get in too ! :)

Also the same with the web-irc..

We should find a good web-chat somewhere which everyone can use !!