Why

drummerchick69

Old Skool double bass dru
Apr 28, 2011
Los Angeles
Why does Anthrax ALWAYS go on first at these shows??? Even if Metallica Headlines, they should switch around the other three. Anthrax is every bit as bad ass as the other two, if not better IMO. They treat them like some weaker opening act when they have just as much crushing material as the other 3.

Why does Anthrax ALWAYS go on first at these shows??? Even if Metallica Headlines, they should switch around the other three. Anthrax is every bit as bad ass as the other two, if not better IMO. They treat them like some weaker opening act when they have just as much crushing material as the other 3.

Anthrax could barely fill a club over the past 20 years. Metallica has always filled arenas. Its all about numbers and $$$.

But I agree with you about Metallica. If it were up to me Metallica would be banned from a thrash metal festival. They gave up that right when they released the black album. I would have Slayer headlining for sure.

The big for in Thrash should be

Slayer
Testament
Exodus
Kreator

Those bands have always been thrash no matter how shitty the metal scene was.

Kreator also tried different things during the 90's. Oldschool-Thrax is far better than Megadeth and Slayer that's for sure but the slot has to do with success and Thrax couldn't even fill small clubs during the Bush era while Megadeth & Slayer packed bigger venues. in a fair world Metallica would be opening-act for Slayer, Testament & Exodus.

Kreator also tried different things during the 90's. Oldschool-Thrax is far better than Megadeth and Slayer that's for sure but the slot has to do with success and Thrax couldn't even fill small clubs during the Bush era while Megadeth & Slayer packed bigger venues. in a fair world Metallica would be opening-act for Slayer, Testament & Exodus.

I disagree about oldschool Thrax being better than Slayer. I don't think you can top Reign In Blood or Seasons In The Abyss. But then again it's quite a different style of music.

What I do agree, is that in a perfect world Metallica would be opening for Slayer, Testament, and Exodus!

The Bush era all but ruined Anthrax (Except for how Deege and a few other delusional Bushthrax fans see it

But I agree with you about Metallica. If it were up to me Metallica would be banned from a thrash metal festival. They gave up that right when they released the black album. I would have Slayer headlining for sure.

Dude did you even read what he said? Or are you just looking for excuses to post your usual rant? Or are you maybe just trying to prove how "true" you are to newer members?

Anthrax could barely fill a club over the past 20 years. Metallica has always filled arenas. Its all about numbers and $$$.

The big for in Thrash should be

Slayer
Testament
Exodus
Kreator

Those bands have always been thrash no matter how shitty the metal scene was.

Hahaha here we go again! :loco:
Testament aren't very good, and never have been. Exodus ditto. Kreator have some amazing albums like Coma of Souls but were hardly thrash on certain "recent" efforts.
And Slayer just wish they were as cool as Glen Benton, as do you, Maidencockboy.

Anthrax and Megadeth were filling the same venues during Anthrax's Bush era. I saw Megadeth in some of the same clubs that Anthrax filled in Cleveland.

Anthrax and Megadeth were filling the same venues during Anthrax's Bush era. I saw Megadeth in some of the same clubs that Anthrax filled in Cleveland.

That's true, I saw Megadeth on a TWNAH tour, playing in even smaller venue than Anthrax did on V8 tour in Prague.

That's true, I saw Megadeth on a TWNAH tour, playing in even smaller venue than Anthrax did on V8 tour in Prague.

Megadeth did have a bigger crowd at the same venues - they are the more popular band...but it was still PACKED with Anthrax...it was just overbooked completely with Megadeth (in 2004)...there were people trapped past a doorway next to the merchandise stands who couldn't even see the stage.

Megadeth did have a bigger crowd at the same venues - they are the more popular band...but it was still PACKED with Anthrax...it was just overbooked completely with Megadeth (in 2004)...there were people trapped past a doorway next to the merchandise stands who couldn't even see the stage.

Before March 15 2010, last time I saw Megadeth was around 1999. Basically, after growing up on Peace Sells/so far so good/rust in peace, I swore off that band when they released Risk. Endgame brought me back. Mustine's voice is totally shot though.

Then Anthrax should be banned also. They released that rap record.

You mean a rap song as a b-side and on an EP. Big deal. But I do agree Anthrax should be banned for the material they did after SOWN. Megadeth too. Fuck them.

All those bands that tried to make the next black album should be banned from all Thrash Metal events. Anthrax, Megadeth no exception.

We'll never know, and everything is great in hindsight, etc ... but I don't think it would have made any difference if Joey had never been fired from Anthrax.

Scott and Charlie would have made the same choices and Anthrax would have went down the same path as they did with John.

We might have been saved from the revolving singer door, but their popularity would still have waned heavily.

But on a positive note, it's Friday.

I disagree about oldschool Thrax being better than Slayer. I don't think you can top Reign In Blood or Seasons In The Abyss. But then again it's quite a different style of music.

What I do agree, is that in a perfect world Metallica would be opening for Slayer, Testament, and Exodus!

The Bush era all but ruined Anthrax (Except for how Deege and a few other delusional Bushthrax fans see it