Will Alexi Laiho still be composing music for the band?

Alexi's playing isn't declining, it's developing into a style. Hatebreeder was comprised of text book neoclassical licks. HCDR is completely different in that Alexi developed his own style and perfected it.

yea seriously its not even worth arguing about really, if his skill is declining ( which i highly doubt) then he wouldnt still pull off all of the old solos live, and until children of bodom come out with another reroute to remain or soundtrack to your escape, then alexis style is only improving in my book. FUCK NU INFLAMES ( i really have to change my user name but i am too lazy

As bad as N*FLAYMZ have become, I'd much rather hear that than some punk-ass Neutrogena boy play scales over cheesy keyboards.

His ability isn't diminishing. It's just that the cash cow he was milking is slowly dying, and its reflecting in the writing. Cheesy power metal with quasi-death vocals, annoying guitar scales, and dumbshit lyrics...well, it won't last for a long time without quite a few holes peeking through.

I don't think Alexi's playing is declining. I think it's kind of like Zakk Wylde, he just doesn't put as much effort into writing amazing solos as he did when he first hit the scene. When you first come out, you want to prove yourself, now that he's done that, he's probably going to focus more on writing good songs instead of just good solos.

What one of his new solos would you consider "stylish"? The only ones I can think of is Bodom Beach Terror and Angel's Don't Kill. IMO, I'd take solos like those in Warheart, Bed of Razors, Deadnight Warrior, Downfall, etc. over solos like those in Needled, Sixpounder, HCDR

amen dude, i doubt his playing is declining, but the solos in songs like Touch like angel of death and deadnight warrior and SNBN are way more interesting than anything current. and by the way

Something wild = hatebreeder = FTR >>>> everything else

The style of his playing has just changed a lot really. Its obviously got a lot heavier and based on rythem now instead of the leads.

Hatebreeder will always be my fave metal album of all time. As, to my ears the composition on it is just absolutly incredable. Every single note is there for a reason, and that album defines the Bodom sound to me.

I do love HCDR but I am worried Alexi may start to bring his current punk interests into the music, and possibly ruin their style if he isn't carful.
I doubt this will happen because he knows that they would loose a lot of fans if their music became based on punk ideas, so i dont think theres need to worry there.

Id love to see them write another classical inspired album like Hatebreeder though. Just to see what he could do with his playing and composing in that style, 5 years after Hatebreeder.