Will Alexi Laiho still be composing music for the band?

pcatiprodotnet

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2004
I was curious if Alexi Laiho will still be the primary music composer for Children of Bodom's future albums? Considering that he single handedly composed both music and lyrics for the masterpiece that is Hate Crew Deathroll... Lets just say that I'll definitely be checking the credits before buying the next CD...

Thanks,
-pc

pcatiprodotnet said:
I was curious if Alexi Laiho will still be the primary music composer for Children of Bodom's future albums? Considering that he single handedly composed both music and lyrics for the masterpiece that is Hate Crew Deathroll... Lets just say that I'll definitely be checking the credits before buying the next CD...

Thanks,
-pc

Yeah, checking the credits would be a good idea :)

> Why wouldn't he?
Well, I read that Alexi Laiho retired last year. Is this not true?

> I'm sorry, but I agree. Hatebreeder > HCDR
Although I only discovered and listed to all CoB albums last week, it seems (to me) that they got progressively better with each album.

-pc

pcatiprodotnet said:
> Why wouldn't he?

> I'm sorry, but I agree. Hatebreeder > HCDR
Although I only discovered and listed to all CoB albums last week, it seems (to me) that they got progressively better with each album.

-pc

Alexi is still alive and kicking. Alexander left the band to settle down.

pcatiprodotnet said:
> Why wouldn't he?

Alexander Kuoppala left...who only played the rythm guitar ....CoB would't exist without Alexi I guess.

And yeah... Hatebreeder > Everything else

>Alexander Kuoppala left...who only played the rythm guitar

Oh thank god it wasn't Alexi.

>And yeah... Hatebreeder > Everything else.

I'll give Hatebreeder another listen tomorrow; Ultrasone HFI-650 delivery arrived just in time.

>alexi's playing has been going downward.

Although Alexi's playing skill may be declining (is it?), I believe the quality of his music compositions are certainly improving with each new album.

-pc