Will Opeth ever come to australia??

The High Lord

Primitive Rhythm Machine
May 9, 2001
australia
Visit site
I have allways wondered if Opeth would do a world tour. via Autralia.. where i live. It would be great to see them play at the big day out. This concert is played in all capital cities here. 80000 people each. We have had the likes of Metallica, Mudvayne, Limp bizkit(even though i dont like them), Soulfly and korn. I want them to come next year!!! it would make my life complete.

check em!

Don't quote me on this one, but I could almost swear I heard Opeth saying that after touring Europe and Japan this Summer/Fall they are heading to Australia. I don't know if this is supposed to be confidential or if it is not confirmed yet, but I believe I heard this out of their mouths..

That would be pretty awesome indeed. But I'm not gonna get too excited. I've heard this kind of stuff before about awesome bands supposedly touring Australia. With any luck the guys from Nevermore told Opeth on the recent tour about how awesome it was here (apparently they loved it).

I think Opeth is quite popular here in Australia and would get a reasonable turnout even though we have a small population. Most metal people I speak to know and like Opeth. Still Life was number one on Shock's (who distro heaps of metal here) metal sales charts for ages and Blackwater Park is currently second on that list.

I would certainly travel to Sydney (from Brisbane) to see them.

Cheers

Paul D.

Greetings,

This information may be old news, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet... so here goes

The Opeth site has reported the following information, and I quote:

'There's also plans to bring Opeth over to both Australia and Japan during November of this year. We're looking at 4-6 gigs in Australia and about 3-4 in Japan at this point...'

This confirms all the reports and rumours that have been floating around lately...

Yay!
:D

If they do come here I really hope they don't come to a BidDayOut. Fuck that off...
I went to see a fave artist of mine, Marilyn Manson and there where all these fucks that didn't appreciate his works and threw bottles at the poor guy. A really crap vibe. We ended up beating the shit out of some wanker that kept on trying to throw shit and I really don't go there to punch on. I just love to see the band and feel like family with the fans.

Brightoffski,
thank you so fuckin much man! :D!!! You just made me shit myself and piss all over the carpet! lol.

anyway.... I'll be trying to see all the shows. so I'mma gonna start saving! :)

and anyone from Melbourne here? we could go together if it happens. It would be really tripped out to go with some of the Opeth bbs family.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey curbstone I never noticed your post before. You're in Brisbane too eh? Cool :) Me too.

Jo
this is so uncanny.. I think on a sub-conscious level we where thinking the same thing... read my post that I just posted like 10 mins ago in: 'where do you see Opeth going next?'.

That type of venue perfecly coincides with how I explained the music..... trippy shit.. he heheh.