Opeth touring australia !

OpethWalrus

New Metal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Well done......

Is this the first time Opeth have toured australia ?

Not many metal bands tour here, unles they have a wide audience (ie metallica, slipknot, mudvayne, these likes)

So for opeth to take the time and acknowledge their fans here is great hope all the shows sell out and the great live exiernce (can't say iseen them live, but from what i heard) will keep them spreading the good news word of mouth.

They can also spread their satanic beliefs :hotjump:

yes they have toured Aust before.
+ there are quite a few metal bands that tour; cryptopsy later this year, behemoth (currently), nile (2 months ago), necrophagist perhaps, and suffocation perhaps, and thats just off the top of my head:Spin: lol.

+opeth aren't satanists:p.

Santanic Beliefs :Smug: :Spin: :Smug: :Spin: Hahahaha!

I cant fucking wait to see them......Luna Park - Big Top.
Sydney April 25th.

But one Question, if Admin or even band members read this. What company are hte tickets being sold through, i have checked everything & cant find jackshit.....so any info would be great.

If Megadeth come back, I'd say they will be bringing the Gigantour with them. I was told by a reliable source late last year that they were negotiating to bring it to Australia. That would be one awesome gig!

Ikil

BEHEMOTH are touring now, I've got my ticket. :D

Not sure whether I'm going to Opeth, and still undecided about Carpathian Forest who are coming in April/May.

OpethWalrus said:
Is this the first time Opeth have toured australia ?

Not many metal bands tour here, unles they have a wide audience (ie metallica, slipknot, mudvayne, these likes)

:hotjump:

If you didn't know that Opeth have toured Australia not once but TWICE in the last three or four years, then you probably don't realise that a lot of other good metal bands tour as well.

Keep your eyes and ears open because there are plenty of good bands who have toured within a year including Children of Bodom, In Flames, Behemoth, Nightwish, Dismember, Opeth etc etc.

Yeah, and there have been many more. It seems the metal world has passed poor old Opethwalrus by in the night!

There was also rumour of Kreator touring here. Gigantour rumoured bringing out Nevermore which would be pretty cool. Plus it is pretty much time for Slayer to get their arses back out here and there is always a "bring Maiden down-under" petition going around.

Metal bands come here fairly regularly (not as regularly as I'd like, but it is decent), plus you have some kick arse local acts which have been revitalising themselves and getting out of the darkness (e.g. MORTAL SIN, Alchemist, Vanishing Point, Astriaal and Inslain).