Opeth and Australia

.StaticA.

Apparently an Heir
Jun 13, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Having watched the interviews on the Roundhouse Tapes DVD, I was quite surprised to hear how much Opeth love Australia.

All the band except Per mentioned it as their favourite place to tour, and apparently Mike loves it so much he spent his honeymoon here. I wish they'd play more shows here then though.

I remember at their most recent Melbourne show, Mike also told the crowd he could 'consider moving to Australia'.

Pretty cool I think. So I warmly invite the whole band to come and base themselves in Melbourne. That way they might play here more often. :p

Having watched the interviews on the Roundhouse Tapes DVD, I was quite surprised to hear how much Opeth love Australia.

All the band except Per mentioned it as their favourite place to tour, and apparently Mike loves it so much he spent his honeymoon here. I wish they'd play more shows here then though.

I remember at their most recent Melbourne show, Mike also told the crowd he could 'consider moving to Australia'.

Pretty cool I think. So I warmly invite the whole band to come and base themselves in Melbourne. That way they might play here more often. :p

We have Oporto.

AH! AH! Got ya!

Yeah it warms my inner fan boy he loves it here. Pretty sure Per was joking when he said that after the interviewer talked about how little love the UK was getting compared to Oz.

Compared to most big name bands Opeth have been to Australia heaps of times. I notice some of the people who ask for more appear to have only joined this forum this year and ask for more tours, little realising the band have toured here constantly since 2002 or whenever it was.

They've played some great shows in Melbourne, where I saw them, but I do have to reiterate that the London show last night was the best I've seen them.

Yeah you always hear Aussies here wanting more tours but given how far we are away and the amount of shows we have gotten; 03, 04, 06 and 08 pretty sure we should be happy with the touring consistency as it is.

I just saw the roundhouse tapes and saw the interview when they all said they love Australia!!! That is soo cooool. Can't wait to see them again, hopefully soon.
I tell you though, their opinion might change when they go to South America. I speak of experience, crowds are INSANE there!!!!