Opeth in Australia

Metal Maniac66

New Metal Member
Feb 13, 2006
Is Devildriver still gonna be the mainsupport when Opeth comes to Australia?
And is their sydney gig at luna park only for over 18s, because if it is, damn I am gonna be pissed.

Is Devildriver still gonna be the mainsupport when Opeth comes to Australia?
And is their sydney gig at luna park only for over 18s, because if it is, damn I am gonna be pissed.

The search function is your friend, the Opeth site is your friend and also the DD site is your friend. Damn, find some/these friends.
On the Opeth site you can read that DD only support them on the US tour. Til yet there is no support band confirmed for all the other gigs.

Btw: NO...I repeat: NO doubleposts. Just NO.

edit: Welcome on the forum :)

Hehe, yeah, welcome.
I'd say we'll get some local act as support, and no, it's all ages.
Like wolfff said, make some friends.

Nevermore would be very cool, can't really see it happening myself though.

Oh, and nice sig Wolfff, Ian Anderson is the shit!

The Hubster said:
Bring on The Amenta!

Fat fucking chance it will be them, although that would be awesome if it was.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following as supports...

Alarum
Astriaal (not likely, but I can dream)
The Amenta
Pathogen
Alchemist (strong possibility but probably not)
Psycroptic
The Furor
Vespers Descent

I think out of them, Alchemist, Pathogen and maybe Alarum are your best bet, but I doubt it will be any of them. Anyone know what Scorpion Entertainments email address or website is so we can pester the fuck out of them to get an Australian metal band worth seeing?

Ikil said:
Fat fucking chance it will be them, although that would be awesome if it was.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following as supports...

Alarum
Astriaal (not likely, but I can dream)
The Amenta
Pathogen
Alchemist (strong possibility but probably not)
Psycroptic
The Furor
Vespers Descent

I think out of them, Alchemist, Pathogen and maybe Alarum are your best bet, but I doubt it will be any of them. Anyone know what Scorpion Entertainments email address or website is so we can pester the fuck out of them to get an Australian metal band worth seeing?

Pathogen are cool, saw them with Bodom. Pretty good show. Does anyone know if the guitarist is out of The Berzerker?

i dont think either dyson or aidan are from the berzerker, but maybe, i know that the drummer from plague was... as for alarum im not sure but i think they are touring with necrophagist in canada at that time, or maybe thats sooner, im not sure

chomps said:
Nevermore are fucking terrible.

Thank fuck someone else thinks this. This Godless Endeavour was 2005's most overated album. 'Born' was really nice (Loomis has some quality chops), then up came Sentient #6. By god I almost choked when I heard " I am Sentient Number 6! "
Rule number one: NEVER sing the title of the song in the first line..

The title track is a classic example of trying to be epic, It felt like it dragged on for 15 minutes. I tried hard but this was one album I just gave up on. Ugghh.