Wilson/Akerfeldt/Portnoy side project rumblings...

Neil-o-Mac

Feb 20, 2003
Ayrshire, Scotland
www.soundclick.com
http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1011958

Portnoy's post on the second page of this thread is where the real meaty stuff happens...I'll quote the post here for all you lazy fuckers. :loco:

I haven't read through the rest of this thread (I'm at the airport getting ready to leave for Helsinki!) but the title caught my eye as I thought perhaps something had been leaked/announced - as myself, Mikael and Steven have already spoken several times about doing a project together....
I think it's just a matter of when at this point....
s6.gif

MP

Discuss.

I would like to see Mike doing something with Steven.

To be honest i don`t know much about Portnoy. I guess he is a very good drummer and would fit in without problems. Would be kind of cool to hear something diffrent.

I would also see Mike do more stuff with Swanö. (I prefer an album with Sörskogen called "Sörskogen myths")

:D

should be really really amazing, can't think about something crap !! such a shame though it's Portnoy (who i like though )and not hellhammer !!;-)

Korlich said:
I think Mike is gonna focus on Opeth and his family now, don´t see this happen in the near future.

I think so too.
I thought he left Bloodbath cause he didnt have time for it. :confused:

Oh well... I hope Swanö and the guys find a really good growler for the next album, i cant wait to hear it.

I think Mike may have the motivation and time to make some songs and record them with these guys but probably they won't do gigs.

I just ruined my pants...

Akerfeldt and Portnoy :worship:

what role do you guys think Wilson would play??? Rhythm guitar??? Piano?? Vocals???

Agalloch said:
Umm, Portnoy isn't worthy of being in a band with Wilson and Akerfeldt.

He's a hell of a lot more talented than Steven Wilson from a technical standpoint. I like more dream theater songs than I like porcupine tree songs anyway (about 1/5 porcupine tree songs are good while about 1/3 dream theater songs are ;P)