Windir

Originally posted by Nattestid
I am, their latest album is quite good!

Do you know the previous? (Sóknardalr and Arntor)

Arntor is amazing, check the mp3 from www.windir.no

arntor.jpg

soknardalr.jpg

i have all 3 albums and i like it... great band, very orginal on two first albums and nice on latest. i prefer old albums...

I've something from them and I can say that are very good. Have to thair other release. What do you think is their best album??? I'd like some suggestions ;)

Originally posted by MotherNorth
I've something from them and I can say that are very good. Have to thair other release. What do you think is their best album??? I'd like some suggestions ;)

buy "Sóknardalr" and "Arntor". the new album "1184" is good black metal album, but that's all... debut and second is truth masterpieces...

Originally posted by Eldzik

buy "Sóknardalr" and "Arntor". the new album "1184" is good black metal album, but that's all... debut and second is truth masterpieces...

Thanx for the suggestion!!! I only have something from 1184 and I can say that Todeswalzer is really a good song, in the style I like. If the previous albums are in the same genre of this song... weel, Windir have all the possibility to become one of my favourite band!

Originally posted by MotherNorth

Thanx for the suggestion!!! I only have something from 1184 and I can say that Todeswalzer is really a good song, in the style I like. If the previous albums are in the same genre of this song... weel, Windir have all the possibility to become one of my favourite band!

np ;) old songs are more folkish, more orginal...

What do you think of the new Windir album?

I havent got the album yet, but Ive heard a couple of songs off of it, and I must say I like it, but in my ears it sounds quite different from his(their) earlier work.
I do miss the feeling from the earlier stuff on this album, at least in the songs Ive heard...
Any of you got any opinions on it?

Yes, the correct name is Likferd. The album was once again recorded in Akkerhaugen. Ive heard a MP3 sample of the first song and I think is very similar to their previous "1184". I agree, the viking feeling of the first two albums was changed to a more modern BM, but I love old and new Windir. 1184 is a amazing album.

Reactions: Blackspirit