Windir

What bands can you compare Windir to?

I am not a fan of black metal, but I dig the artwork on Windir's new CD.

I have Borknagar's Empiricism and Quintessence (E is very good), and I really enjoy Trail of Tears and similar bands.

But bands like Satyricon and Emperor, no thanks...

Collapse Generation said:
What bands can you compare Windir to?

I am not a fan of black metal, but I dig the artwork on Windir's new CD.

I have Borknagar's Empiricism and Quintessence (E is very good), and I really enjoy Trail of Tears and similar bands.

But bands like Satyricon and Emperor, no thanks...

You cant really compare him/them with any other bands, they are uniqe...
I guess you could call them a mix between Vintersorg/Borknagar and the older Black Metal style...
But dont get me wrong, its very different from stuff like Darkthrone and Mayhem.

You can download a couple of songs from the homepage and have a listen www.windir.no

I recommend the song Røvhaugane from the album Soknardalr.

TRSTN said:
Cheerz Blackspirit! Encouraging that people still pick up demos at the metalshops....

Checked their website and then went through the demo stuff
at the store, and luckily I found it... Wasn't really looking for it,
but had to get it, when I found it >:eek:)

So, what kind of connection do you have to the band? Mates
or something? Wish they'd support Windir in Oslo as well...! :eek:)

I play in both Chton and Manes... so the connection is quite obvious. Manes will release the new album "Vilosophe" through Code666 now at the end of April - do not expect a return to the grim metal-style of the old releases...

TRSTN said:
I play in both Chton and Manes... so the connection is quite obvious. Manes will release the new album "Vilosophe" through Code666 now at the end of April - do not expect a return to the grim metal-style of the old releases...

Aha! TRSTN = Torstein :eek:) *waves* "Hei hei" :eek:)

Hei back at'ya! We really want to come to Oslo with Chton, so you just make sure people get to hear us down there... our distro isn't really very good hehe... Rip it to mp3 and spread it like SARS...

Fuck why you compare windir with other bands like borknagar and vintersorg. They got nothing to do with windir. Windir stands on itself, haves a great live performance and never bores me. Great lyrics, great musicians etc..

Valfar is indeed dead, just read their official forum. He appearntly froze to death. (From sources close to the band).