Windows 7 rules

I have a 4 year old XP PC. It's slow as shit, maybe time to format.

Also my friend who visited me just installed V7, it looked awesome, voicecommands n crap. It ran pretty smoothly, but I wouldn't get it before it's oficially released for purchase and it gets updates.

i might BUY it =O

*room stands in silence*
*everyone looks at you*
*runs away in shame*

XP is great when it comes to speed, but it is about as holey as a swiss cheese. It was buggy and full of vulnerabilities. Vista fixed that, but was slow. Win 7 is vista but with decent memory management and fixed mistakes on the interface. What's not to like. I miss compatibility with stuff meant to run in older operating systems, sure, but what can you do? You have to move forward eventually.

^^Gonna be fun to see Mr. grim's comeback to this one :)

On topic, I want to try it but I am extremely lazy and not friend of things under development, so I'll wait till Christmas and buy it. Should be good. But what are those compatibility problems you talk about Leandro? Any popular/really used program we won't be able to use?

Ran out of good arguments?

As usual.

In all seriousness, Brutal Hate is turning out to be the most boring and unimaginative troll in a long time

I like chandler better

+1

It's not 'under development'... this version is final, just unreleased. What I mean by 'compatibility issues' are the same you had in vista, when running old games/etc. Nothing new, it's supposed to be backwards compatible with Vista.

Dual boot is an option, an other is to get a cheap old second hand computer for retro gaming

Windows 7 is brilliant. I got it through my Software Engineering department a few days ago. It's so much faster than Vista.

I have 5 year old PC with an AMD 3200+ 1,5 GB Ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphic card running XP Pro. I dont play any new games besides Anno 1404 which runs normal in absolute lowfi mode. I mainly use it for music (recording) programs and the internet.

Should I change to Windows 7?

I have 5 year old PC with an AMD 3200+ 1,5 GB Ram and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphic card running XP Pro. I dont play any new games besides Anno 1404 which runs normal in absolute lowfi mode. I mainly use it for music (recording) programs and the internet.

I got exactly same situation.

How do you guys already have windows 7? Did you install a beta version of it? I am sick of vista but I want to make sure I install a legit copy before I grab something off the internet.

I got it through the microsoft laboratory in my university.

@ the guy wondering if you should install win 7: Yes you should. I had trouble with the vulnerabilities of xp. Get a more secure operating system, it'll pay off.

Yes.