Windows 7 rules

...or switch to mac, right?:p
you know it's true
Yes, Although Mac can have it's effective purposes. Though, these "kitchen people" most certainly should look into Mac and stop making Windows TOO user friendly.
More likely, but still... MUCH code's been rewritten. It's like vista in looks and functionality, the internals are different.
Yeah, And I will agree it works alot better!

i have the ultimate, it feels a bit slow sometimes, most likely because my notebook is only 1.8ghz... hopefully i'll change soon

Tried linux. I got bored of not being able to do anything, and having to go to a silly console (oh, sorry Terminal) window just to get shit working. Linux is for nerds obsessed by open-source bullshit.

XP sucked my unshaved balls when it came out, same for Vista. I never understood the whole HATE-VISTA thing, I used it(Ultimate 64bit) from a year after it came out, and I loved it. But now, Seven came.

7 is great right from the beginning, which is fucking rare for an OS. i've beenusing it for two months now (the RTM version, the one they sent to the stores) and I had no problems whatsoever with it. It's smooth, fast like shit, really sexy, and it has great compatibility. For older crappy apps that won't work, no need to dual-boot, or get silly virtual machines, you can has XP mode.

So, in a few words, get Win7.

Edit : Oh, and about macs : No.

Tried linux. I got bored of not being able to do anything, and having to go to a silly console (oh, sorry Terminal) window just to get shit working. Linux is for nerds obsessed by open-source bullshit.

XP sucked my unshaved balls when it came out, same for Vista. I never understood the whole HATE-VISTA thing, I used it(Ultimate 64bit) from a year after it came out, and I loved it. But now, Seven came.

7 is great right from the beginning, which is fucking rare for an OS. i've beenusing it for two months now (the RTM version, the one they sent to the stores) and I had no problems whatsoever with it. It's smooth, fast like shit, really sexy, and it has great compatibility. For older crappy apps that won't work, no need to dual-boot, or get silly virtual machines, you can has XP mode.

So, in a few words, get Win7.

Edit : Oh, and about macs : No.

Linux - Ubuntu kicks some fucking ass. Youre just too stupid to try google something and solve problems you have :D

maybe it's just me... But i just stick to my desktops

If I'm going somewhere then obviously I don't want to be on a computer, so.

Looked at the screenies... Ugh, they're nauseously bad. I mean, the interface looks horrible. I'm not sure who thought that shiny over practical is a good idea, especially since the two aren't mutually exclusive. I've been hating the new layouts in Microshit products since the Office 2007.

Well, 7 HAD BETTER be above Vista in terms of memory management (tbh, it's probably difficult to do worse). And a dual-boot with XP is probably still a good option, if all the compatibility issues were unresolved...

Well, it's not like I'm planning to waste 100+ bucks on a new OS anytime soon anyway.

Looked at the screenies... Ugh, they're nauseously bad. I mean, the interface looks horrible. I'm not sure who thought that shiny over practical is a good idea, especially since the two aren't mutually exclusive. I've been hating the new layouts in Microshit products since the Office 2007.

Well, 7 HAD BETTER be above Vista in terms of memory management (tbh, it's probably difficult to do worse). And a dual-boot with XP is probably still a good option, if all the compatibility issues were unresolved...

Well, it's not like I'm planning to waste 100+ bucks on a new OS anytime soon anyway.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I might have to buy it now.....