Winterborn

Ruthven

Sep 13, 2003
I picked up Winterborn's "Cold Reality" from Exploding Mike over the weekend and it was one of the best "stabs in the dark" I have made when it comes to metal. Mike said he had heard good things about it and I thought the name of the band was kind of funny (there is a darkwave song by me and Paul's friends Cruxshadows titled "Winterborn"). This is the best new power metal band I have heard in ages. Does anyone know about the history of these guys? It sounds too polished to be a first effort. Excellent vocals, definitely a style of clean metal vocals that I prefer. Some of the guitars have that Zakk Wylde tinged sound to them. But I've always believed that the elements don't mean jack if you don't have good songs, and that is where Winterborn really delivers in my opinion. The hooks on this album are awesome, they remind me of good '80's metal without being a throwback. I love this album.

WINTERBORN FOR PROGPOWER IX ;)

I just borrowed this from a friend of mine...I really like the singer...the production could be a little better in my opinion but it's not bad.

THE PRODUCTION POLICE AGAIN? LOLOL. There's nothing wrong with it. And yes, the cd CRUSHES all the way through. Also check out TRIOSPHERE, another great metal gem.

Pretty solid. Picked it up a couple months ago. Another Finnish band to keep an eye on.

Melodies arent always the greatest IMO but the music crushes.