Wintersun opinions?

Apr 18, 2009
I just heard of the band wintersun recently and I think they are pretty fantastic. Anyone else have opinions on this band? Never seen them mentioned here or anywhere, really. And are there any other side projects of the lead vocalist?

Jari (vocalist/guitarist) was in Ensiferum until a few years a go so you might want to check them out. Anyways I think Wintersun is overrated, and wtf@ their new album taking this long to come out.

Terrible band

Hmmm...I guess I'm just a fan of the style of music. At first I wasn't impressed but it grew onto me....I don't know. The only band that I loved their music from the second I heard them was Alice in Chains. I don't know where I'm going with this.....

Wintersun is a tryhard project designed to create made-to-order pseudo-epic metal with pretentious, self-imposed genre titles.

Oh, shut the hell up. It seems that no one can possibly believe that Jari just enjoys the "made to order pseudo-epic metal" that he creates.

The truth is: Wintersun is catchy, technical, and epic. It's a good project, and doesn't deserve the shit it gets.

I will admit, however, that Jari's classification of his band is ridiculous. Just call it extreme power metal and be done with it.

I don't give a fuck about Jari's labels, the music is of decent quality.

Fucking terrible reason to hate a band.

Ignoring these fuckheads who'd rather talk about the shit going on around the music than the music itself, I'll say that Wintersun is okay. The album is enjoyable at first, but lacking in replay value. A good buy. Wintersun deserve neither the venomous hatred nor the gratuitous fanboyism they receive. That said, I've never seen them overrated by anyone who's opinion I respect, so I don't think of them as overrated.

I also dislike the music, as I already explained.

It sounds like a faceless mish-mash of Ensiferum, Children of Bodom and all those other bands that cater to the same annoying kind of kiddie metal.

I also dislike the music, as I already explained.

It sounds like a faceless mish-mash of Ensiferum, Children of Bodom and all those other bands that cater to the same annoying kind of kiddie metal.
The fact that you say they sound like Bodom invalidates whatever you have to say here.

Also Bodom is good.