Wintersun - Time I - Thoughts, reviews and impressions...

Have only had a glimpse of The land of snow and sorrow but it's great. Hope the CD (nuclearblast mailorder) comes in time, will be seeing them on Friday too so great release date!

I'm blown away by it! Best album of 2012 for sure. Jari is a amazing composer and his vocals has improved alot over the years. Can't wait to get the CD and the DVD with it!

I've noticed that it's leaked, whole album was on youtube (only for a short time though) and I could've listened to it but I want the first listen to be special, I survived years of waiting so those few days left won't kill me either. I just hope my Amazon pre-order arrives in time...
I'll post my opinion on it here when I finally listened to it.

From Jari's facebook...

TIME I album streaming starting on WEDNESDAY, October 17

Since we´d like to give you an exclusive first glimpse of the new songs we´ve decided to stream the WHOLE album on our homepage www.wintersun.fi starting Wednesday, October 17 until the day of release.

Cool, but yeah I still don't want to listen to it now. Btw, Live Chat with Jukka and Teemu was sooo cool, they answered me five questions. One of them was whether they would like to tour with Ensiferum and they said yes =)
New website looks cool too, forum would be nice. ;D

Well folks, having the (very bad) promo version sent for 'zines, I suggest you at least wait for the streaming. The album has already leaked on youtube, but the sound is terrible. I really can't understand why nuclear blast would send such bad promos, and why those who have them would upload them on youtube.

But I really wish i hadn't listened to it, but instead, waited to hear the final product. Either way, can't wait to see your reactions to "Sons of Winter and Stars"! I've listened to it for 5-6 times a day the last month and still can't get enough of it! (same for the rest of the album)

I love the album, Sons is my highlight but it's all very good (and different from each other).

Some people are saying there isn't enough solos and faster songs, but there will be 7 solos on Time II and some faster songs. The album will have great balance then, the way it was meant to be heard... cannot wait for part II! The way of the fire is already one of my favourite songs, and now Sons is too.

Jari really set bar with this album!

I am thoroughly enjoying it! Cannot wait to hear the rest!

Been listening to the streaming for two days now. I have the special edition CD/DVD on the way from Europe.
I think this is just an amazing album (or half album...together with Time II will be the whole album)!!!
The more I listen, the more I hear which is exactly what I expect from Jari because that is how he (and most great composers) does things.
I can't wait for the CD so I can really get a good listen!! :headbang:

I love the album, Sons is my highlight but it's all very good (and different from each other).

Some people are saying there isn't enough solos and faster songs, but there will be 7 solos on Time II and some faster songs. The album will have great balance then, the way it was meant to be heard... cannot wait for part II! The way of the fire is already one of my favourite songs, and now Sons is too.

Totally agree!!

Album has grown so much on me, to hear the whole album live yesterday at Oberhausen was just mind blowing. Jari's vocals has improved a lot and thought their whole set was near enough perfect.

I don't think it is that impressive and I feel it is very overated.

Sadly, I agree. I'd be lying to myself if I were to say it was worth the 8 year wait. Sons was an awesome track, but the other songs really didn't shine for me. :erk:

waaaaay overrated.. same goes for unsung heroes, though at least that ones not been so ridiculously praised

Favourite album already, just love the sound and direction. When Time II comes it will be untouchable for me.

Why people care how many people or how well they 'rate' an album is beyond me. It either does something for you or not...

I know people who didn't like the S/T much but love Time. It's not for everyone. Go on the Wintersun FB page and you will see many detractors also. It's half the album o_O If you don't like anything on Time I or The way of the fire, well... you just can't like Wintersun much anyway.

the production is superb, the lyrics are weak tho and dragging the album down.. the music, melodies, riffs, (no)solos - weaker than the selftitled.. but hey, lets wait for part 2..

the production is superb, the lyrics are weak tho and dragging the album down.. the music, melodies, riffs, (no)solos - weaker than the selftitled.. but hey, lets wait for part 2..

Production, agree
Lyrics are fine for me, especially Sons, and Time is a bit of a deeper/more personal song.

There is 7 solos on Time II compared to only one on Time I. It's not really a riff based album, at least part I, part II will be more classic Wintersun style with more speed and aggression. (The way of the fire and Storm) and Jari's favourite 'Silver Leaves'. Releasing half the album disrupted the balance greatly I think, so people complaining about Time I lacking certain things should really just wait till it's complete, and appreciate Time I for what it is.

Lyrics on the S/T ranged from stellar to... not so stellar. I can hardly listen to Death and the Healing because of that grammar. Starchild, Battle and Beautiful Death are exceptional.

not the repeat.. upgrade.. im glad u like the album man and im sure part 2 will complete the picture.. ive discovered Moonsorrow though 2 months ago (im into different kinds of music so somehow it happened only now) and let me tell u thats a whole another level of songwriting..