Wintersun - Time I - Thoughts, reviews and impressions...

not the repeat.. upgrade.. im glad u like the album man and im sure part 2 will complete the picture.. ive discovered Moonsorrow though 2 months ago (im into different kinds of music so somehow it happened only now) and let me tell u thats a whole another level of songwriting..

I understand if people dislike Time, but I also understand if people would find Moonsorrow boring (as much as I love them).

It's not really going to bother you if their lyrics are bad :p Though the translations are good.

lol, yeah i guess.. but i like the flow

for me personally its the perfect blend of metal/prog/folk/cinematic style ive ever heard.. just perfection...

not to diss jari or ensiferum but some of their stuff sound cheesy to me now.. guess thats my problem though )

I thought it was a weak release. In what respect? The guitar riffs were not memorable for me, the lyrics were goofy, and the choruses all sound like Blind Guardian reject songs. It sounds contrived.

I like the production and some of the melodies. Over all, I'd give it a 4/10. If I wasn't a butt hurt fan comparing it to the self-titled release, I might give it an 8/10, but I expected much more from this super group. The intro track, in my opinion, is easily the best song on the album.

I think it´s magnificent. Who cares about solos? Listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd if you want that. This is an epic masterpiece, and it´s only the first part of the thing. Can´t wait for Time II. :)