Wish List

O P E T H

Old Man's Rock
May 23, 2009
Hey, here's a thread where you can post your wishes about what Opeth would do, like what kinds of concerts or what kinds of cover songs or whatever you'd like!

I'll start it off by posting two of my wishes:

(1) I'd like to see Mikael do one-man acoustic shows in small venues on off-days or even on afternoons before the larger shows. Wouldn't it be great to see Mikael in a more intimate environment like a record store with just him and his acoustic guitar, singing his mellow songs?

(2) I'd like to see Opeth do a cover song of "Show Me" by Yes. Now that would create quite a buzz! And I know they could pull it off. It is right in the style of Opethian mellow songs.

Run away... run away-ayyy... run awayyy!

...before it's too late and your soul gets corrupted by the trolls! The evil trolls! They're roaming everywhere, throwing at you red lasers from their very eyes whenever the catch you! Run! :erk: Which means that you look like a pontentially good poster and will eventually turn out in a complete douche bag. Welcome again.

I wish I could stop loving Opeth because I have so many unaccomplished wishes about them that I just want to kill myself right now.

NEW ZEALAND SHOW please :) I would literally cut a few toes off for that (if I was under general anesthetic :):) )

I could stop loving Opeth now.

This isn't an impossible wish. Sadly I lost my love for them :(. It really kills me to admit that, but I really over listened to them. But dw I have a plan of action to get back into loving their music more then ever again!!! :)

I don't really need to comment on your piece of shit post. But I wil Just say,, thanks man :):)

For titling yourself appropriately. Good Job Cunt-Face :)

I don't really need to comment on your piece of shit post. But I wil Just say,, thanks man :):)

For titling yourself appropriately. Good Job Cunt-Face :)

You joined the forum (with a crap username) Just to say how you stop liking Opeth, that's pathetic.

This isn't an impossible wish. Sadly I lost my love for them :(. It really kills me to admit that, but I really over listened to them. But dw I have a plan of action to get back into loving their music more then ever again!!! :)

Just take a break. Go listen to something else. Then go back to Opeth. You'll find it fresh and awesome.

I overdid Rush when Snakes and Arrows came out - well, I tend to overdo everything when a new record comes out. I start going through the whole catalog before the release and then listen to the new album nonstop. Also overdid Porcupine Tree with Fear of a Blank Planet/Nil Recurring.

Now I'm on an Opeth overdose path. I just put on some old Rush and it sure sounds awesome now that I've given it a few months rest... Opeth has been a nice trip, probably compounded with the recent concert over here, but eventually I'll start skipping everything in my mp3 player and then I'll know it's time for a switch.

Lucky me, Porcupine Tree has a new album coming out in September :D

Well, just put together all the songs in the album in one track with a mellow guitar passage between each of them and there you have it :D