"With Oden On Our Side" OUT NOW! Discuss...

The new sound is really amazing! The songs have become much more epic.
Too bad the lyrics sometimes can't hold up to that ... a bit less slaughtering/gore would have been nice actually, and some more "mythological stories" instead! :)

W00t mine arrived today :headbang:
amoncl2.jpg

Forlornson said:
Cuz they are already mainstream in the metal scene.

cause they are headlining some festival or tour, and are playing some fucking great music???
i can't hear this anymore with the mainstream sh*t. listen to wooos, is this mainstream????? :kickass:

Well, I don't even care if this is mainstream or somewhat else you may consider it. For me it's just Amon Amarth (growl) and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.
It's like the discussion about the exact definition of a subgenre in which Amon Amarth should fit in. So what?

after fate of norns, i wasnt expecting this album to be this much hardcore.(not the genre). especially with oden on our side and gods of war arise real viking material. thanks Johan and all of you guys:kickass:

Golden Hall said:
Yeah, I heard that too, I always wondered if they would "revisit" the marching tempo/cadence that made Victorious March so cool

So wut if it sounds like Victorious March, it's sure to be another crowd favorite live specially that ending. completely awesome. But I remember everyone has been askin for a song that matches the feeling of Victorious March and I feel With Oden On Our Side does that. The beginning is so epic and will be incredible live. Does anyone else agree with this. I'm not sayin it beats it but it def matches it. Victorious March = With Oden On Our Side