Without being too much a nub ...

Dude just walk up to Larry Roberts in Hot Topic and say "Hey, you sell ND CDs directly to your fans, right?"

And he'd be all like.. shhh... follow me...

Then you'd walk with him down into the back room / basement and enter a small closet.

With you both kneeling in the closet, he would light a match and say "I've got your fix. Our new album, $5, no tax, no shipping, no bullshit!"

To which you'll reply, "Oh really? Can you do any better than that?"

To which Larry would respond "...err... $4.50?"

And you'll go "Sold," grab the CD, and run out.

Yet Larry can be happy to know that even though you gouged him for a fantastic deal that day, you will most likely tell other people about the secret underground deals that he is giving on the ND CDs in that basement.

Best Buy carries Pale Haunt, Novella, the DVD, as well as the reissues, all for VERY reasonable prices, like $12 - $13.

Keep in mind that ANY store which is in a mall pays a TON of money in rent to be there in the first place, which means extremely high prices for the consumer.
Most FYE's I know of have already gone out of business actually.

The only reason I shop at FYE is because they have a better metal selection than most of the stores in Minnesota :(
and even then, I only buy cds that I have a raging boner for and NEED right then and there.

BTW, this is off topic but I saw you guys chatting about melodic/power metal above

check this out... its my buddy Andy doing a power metal version of "I Kissed a girl" by Katy Perry... I think its hilarious, and he's talented :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i just about aways shop for everything online (especially metal) i live in the sphincter on the universe here, the closest best buy is 45 min or so away (in pittsbugh) there's no FYE within an hour of here (that i know of) the only music stores we have here are Sam Goody & company and stores like wal-mart & such. and i know walley world won't have what i want, and by the ulikely chance they do: it'll be censored. if sam goody has it, it's no on the shelf and will take at least 2 weeks to get to their store, then i have to go pick it up.

so internet is my best option (way better selection) if you want rap, hip-hop and all the popular crap around here: you're set for life. anything else: you're ****ed with no lube and no reach-around. it sucks. that's pretty much how it works in this area. if you're intrests aren't mainstream you're screwed.

ocasionally when i am at the mall or where ever (because i'm dragged there) i can't stand it, go to the DVD/CD & MOVIE section to look around 'till we can gt the hell out of there, and i'm ocasionally surprised. not often, though.

anyway; good luck finding the CDs ya want man.

^ Dragon, I'm not sure where in Ohio you are, but if your close to Pittsburgh check out "Ides". The record store in downtown. I'm not saying make a special trip, but if your in the Burgh it's probably worth your time. I completely agree, finding and buying music on-line is the only way to go for me. That is how I discovered ND, perusing on-line for some new bands and holy jumpin' shitballs there they were. I'm as old as dirt, but since then I haven't looked back, you know what I mean?

since we're alking about CDs & such: the end records (theomegaorder.com) is having a 4th of july sale lasting 2 weeks (i can't find the date when it ends) but you get 12.5% off every item in the store by entering coupon code: JULY09 at check out (in case anyone doesn't know and wants to check it out) i'm browing stuff there now aswell. i got an e-mail from them about it is how i know. so, just passing on the info for any1 interested who doesn't already know.

^ Dragon, I'm not sure where in Ohio you are, but if your close to Pittsburgh check out "Ides". The record store in downtown. I'm not saying make a special trip, but if your in the Burgh it's probably worth your time. I completely agree, finding and buying music on-line is the only way to go for me. That is how I discovered ND, perusing on-line for some new bands and holy jumpin' shitballs there they were. I'm as old as dirt, but since then I haven't looked back, you know what I mean?

where is this place? it's rare that i get to go to pittshbugh, let-alone somewhere even a little away from where we're going. i've only gone to pittsburgh when a movie i wanna see didn't come to ST. Clarsville Theatre or Steubenvile's. because my dad will have to drive if we do go to Pittsburgh (my mom won't drive in places with that kinda traffic) and my dad isn't really willig to do much of anything to benefit me & my mom unless it's convient for him (or one of his friends) and i REFUSE to drive anywhere.

i never went to take the test for the permit, never even been behind the wheel as far as driving goes. holding the wheel for my mom (while she's cleaning her glasses) makes me feel like i'm gonna have a panic attack. especially if there's a turn comming up. same with if i have to sit in the drivers seat (in order to reach something under the seat, etc.) or if i have to put the keys in the ignition or take 'em out. no matter if the car's off or not. scares the crap outta me. i've had several dreams ever since i was like 10 & up till now (i'm 23) about being in a car and it starts to roll down a hill or just starts to roll by it's self & picks up speed & i can't get out.

it comes from my fear of driving (i think) but then again even the current ones i'm always a little kid. not only that, but other people's stupidity/untrustworthyness & unpredictability IN GENERAL doens't make it easy, but ESPECIALLY when driving. 90% of people are stupid to begin with & it seems to get worse when they're driving (on average) other activities mak people even more stupid than they already are, aswell. but at least no one's life is necessarly on the line.

that and my problem staying awake (from a combo of the lack of being able to fall asleep coupled by meds) focusing on the road is also an issue no matter what (especially in the summer) i can't keep my eyes open because of all the sun light from other cars & such refelecting in my eyes. i either HAVE to look away, shut my eyes or look down/away from the light (same with when i walk outside if the sun's too bright)...

it's not good when you're driving (obviously) i don't wanna risk others' lives (passengers) or people on the road/padestrians if i don't have to. i don't care if i end up getting killed, it's better than living with the guilt of someone else getting seriously injured and/or dieing over a simple mistake on my or someone else's part & i'm some how involved, i'll some how blame myself & think if i did this or that differently things would have been fine. i've done it lots of times before.

other than the 5 or so times i've been to Pittsburgh to go to a movie, the only other time i've ever been past three springs drive (in WV-near weirton) was 1)when i was born in 86 (i for some reason was born in PA even though it was a 45 min drive from my house to Pittsburgh) the other time was when i went to get my fireworks i ordered online: it was somewhere way in PA it was at least 2-hours 1 way. i'll never do that again: the trip was boring as hell: even with my CD player. again my dad drove. i refuse to, even if it's only 2 blocks or in an empty parking lot. i want no part behind the wheel.

i did like sam goody's metal section (compared to steubenville & st. clairsville's) in the mall area. it was one of the other sam goody company's out in the mall area (not nmed sam goody, but they had the same system)

but they mainly only had the popular stuff (metallica, maiden, etc.) and the nu-metal & -core garbage & i don't like either of them. oh, well: at least i get to order online and not have to deal with people, traveling time, etc. ordering online for black friday a few years back was the BEST thing (shopping wise) i ever did as my mom had to go up later & she dragged me along to the mall & wall-mart (which is connected to the mall) i was like "do we have to?" i was thinking "can't you just break my legs instead?" i'd rather be dead or in the hospital than go to wal-mart/a mall on a holiday shopping season /on the 1st of the month same went with going to school at anytime. *shudders*

but, if i know how to get to the place, i'll check it out if i get the chance. thaks for the info.

Wow,man. If you do get to Pittsburgh, Ides is caticorner across the street from the Greyhound bus station. And that's located at the very end of Liberty Ave. Really, not difficult to find. St. Clairsville is about an hour and 1/2 from Pittsburgh? From the sound of your lengthy post, you might be better getting fuckin' airlifted and dropped on to Liberty. I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you have to deal with man. It certainly can't be easy. I wasn't poking fun at you, just trying to lighten things up. I hope there's a way that you can fix all that stuff. Peace.

Wow,man. If you do get to Pittsburgh, Ides is caticorner across the street from the Greyhound bus station. And that's located at the very end of Liberty Ave. Really, not difficult to find. St. Clairsville is about an hour and 1/2 from Pittsburgh? From the sound of your lengthy post, you might be better getting fuckin' airlifted and dropped on to Liberty. I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you have to deal with man. It certainly can't be easy. I wasn't poking fun at you, just trying to lighten things up. I hope there's a way that you can fix all that stuff. Peace.

oh, i'm mad, man. i didn' think you were making fun. i'm just explaining the situation. is all. yeah, it's about 45 min. or so to st. clairsville & pittsburgh, but st. clairsville doens't have near as much traffic, so my mom will drive there no problem, but if we want to go to pittsburgh, my dad would have to go (drive) because my mom doesn't do traffic like pittsburgh has. (don't blame here, either.people are nuts there) which is too much to do for him (in his mind) we'll have to put up with his attitude & his "face" as me & mom call it. always having that discontent/angry look if he's with us, pretty much.

it's just way easier to order off the net, lol. better selection & i don't have to leave & deal with people (either on the road or in the stors, etc.) it's usually cheaper, too (obviously) but i'll have to look intot hat store to see if there's anything i'd like there. thanks for the info.

have a good day, man.