Wolverhampton Gig 10/11/07

is it anything about underwear? ;) ;) i had a chat with lepond

Haha, Oh yeah ;) ;) ;) UNDERWEAR! :p *Nods* Yeah... seems like like they like the underwear over here. That's what Jason was saying as well ;) ;) Nice and spacious to fit all of the equipment and move around in but with lots of support. Oh, and fans (you know, air circulation systems *wink wink* ;)) to make it ultra cool! Really nice to play in is our English underwear ;););)

:lol:

Glad you enjoyed the gig. They were really awesome in Finland too, but they left me wanting more, so much more. (Which DT didn't do although they were alright).

I hope they don't suddenly decide never to come to Finland again due to the DT fanboi idiots who threw something at them in the end of the gig.

But I think I'd be old enough to travel abroad in a couple of years to see them if necessary. :)

We also debated whether or not they should play Accolade II... he was saying how it'd had mixed receptions in the past so they'd have to think carefully how they'd make it work. It would seem they had no intention of playing it again live so we might have a little more arm-twisting to do first ;)

At some shows in 2003 they played a medley of the two Accolades... I thought it sounded awesome!

I actually always thought professional band members were unapproachable. I would have enjoyed meeting those guys but Im too much moved at the moment of seeing musicians I admire and would come off as a dumb ass, plus I had a pretty good buzz going by the end of the night I saw SX. It was enough for me to have Russell point to me at the end of the gig and give me the raised fist back. Between seeing/hearing The Odyessey live, Allen taking notice of my appreaciation, seeing Geoff Tate and Queensryche blow the roof off The Palace Theater and the excellent show Kamelot put on I had a great concert year. Now contemplating Maiden tickets for next spring in Jersey and I better bust a move quick or forget about it.

Yeah, he was telling me about that. He just wasn't sure it received the best response from the crowd. It's a shame; I really love that song. That's so great you heard it live though!! :)

Yeah, I think it's a great song, too... one of the best on The Odyssey. Another song they haven't played live much is Awakenings, and I believe it's for the same reason - a mixed reception from the crowd. It seems that they keyboard-intense songs are the hardest to re-create... P only has two hands!

I actually always thought professional band members were unapproachable.

Not SymX, they are the friendliest guys you could ever want to meet. Stop by the bus after the next show you see, they are always happy to say hi, sign autographs & take photos. :)