woo, all emperor albums to be reissued

Jaded

There was nothing...
Jul 26, 2003
New York, NY
www.smnnews.com
http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1079993469&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Norweigan death/black metallers ZYKLON, featuring Zamoth(Samoth) and Trym of the former EMPEROR have created a video for the lead album track "Psyklon Aeon". It been serviced to regional as well as key national outlets - including MTV2's Headbangers Ball.* Guitarist Zamoth says, "this is*the first official video for Zyklon.* It’s exciting for us to finally get it broadcasted in the US, especially now with the Headbanger’s Ball being back in business.*The video features live clips from various shows last summer and from numerous locations in the Norwegian wilderness."
In other related news, Candlelight Records, will be issuing "Into the Woods of Belial" from THOU SHALT SUFFER.* The album, previously unavailable in the US, featuring Samoth with EMPEROR vocalist Ihsahn.* "I've been thinking of re-issuing this album for quite some time, especially*considering it was never properly available in the US," says Samoth whose Nocturnal Art Productions originally released the album.* "I think to this day the album offers strong and classic material.* It is definitely a piece of Norwegian metal history; dark, obscure death metal that spawned the creation of EMPEROR."*
Later this year, Candlelight will reissue the entire EMPEROR catalog, until recently available via license to Century Media Records.* Enhancements and additions are expected; specifics not available for press*time.* THOU SHALT SUFFER's "Into the Woods of Belial" will hit stores nationwide on May 18.*

awesome! i wonder what kind of extra shit will be on it

maybe they will reissue the splits as well?

man, could you imagine anthems with perfect clarity?! that would fuckin RULE!
~gR~

genocide roach said:
man, could you imagine anthems with perfect clarity?! that would fuckin RULE!
~gR~

Not sure about that. I enjoy the chaoticness and production of "Anthems..", and I don't think the album would be as good with a cleaner production.

anonymousnick2001 said:
What if they remaster the sound?
I'd be relatively interested in getting a copy of Nightside, but I have a feeling they'll end up making the sound even worse. This tends to happen with most remasters.

henrikmain said:
Not sure about that. I enjoy the chaoticness and production of "Anthems..", and I don't think the album would be as good with a cleaner production.
not necessarily cleaner, but clearer, as in maybe you can actually hear the guitars all the time. thats the one beef I have with Emperor albums, especially on Nightside.

No way would I buy this. Emperor's production on Nightside and Anthems adds so much to the atmosphere, it would be a complete insult to chnage it. They were made to sound this way for certain reasons, and a complete layer would be stripped from these albums without the unique (no not bad, its just unique) production. I really hope they don't defile these masterpieces...

No it adds an amazing layer of seperation from the listener and the music, I find it to add a lot. Ands not shit, I mean all the instuments and vox can be heard if one listens closley...

im sorry, but i dont buy the bad production thing. it doesnt add to the overall sound imo. i usually deal with it, but it sure wouldnt hurt if it was better produced.

i figured i would start a debate with sayin that. hehe.
~gR~

genocide roach said:
im sorry, but i dont buy the bad production thing. it doesnt add to the overall sound imo. i usually deal with it, but it sure wouldnt hurt if it was better produced.

i figured i would start a debate with sayin that. hehe.
~gR~
'Raw' production definitely does add to the overall sound in most cases. It depends on what you've heard though. In the Nightside Eclipse is not a good example.

Same here, but it doesn't piss me off as much as when shitty production causes a CD which may otherwise have been good to blow goat testicles.

'Raw' production is subjective.

I say that Corrosion of Conformity's Blind and Iron Maiden's s/t debut have pretty raw production. As does Ulver's Nattens Madrigal.

Early Emperor, most Mayhem, some Darkthrone, early Immortal--they all have shitty production. However, those bands were able to get the production right on at least ONE album.

Heh... I dont have a fucking problem with production. Try listening to Emperor/Wrath of the Tyrant for a couple months and then dig out your copy of Nightside. You'll worship it. But hey, if things get cleaned up a bit that would be cool!