Word to real niggaz

"Hey, the President is a *DING*"

"What did he say?"

"The President is near!"

stuff being put out on Def Jux is heavier, more intelligent and more experimental and progressive than 98 percent of metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I'm not that big on white rappers other than stuff like that on Def Jux. They come across as really hip hop heads who are grounded in tradition but like to push things forward, invent new styles, and dudes like El-P and Aesop Rock are constantly evolving.

"That means when I wake up and decide to comprise the new shit, it's not some watered down version of what my favorite crews did"

"Isn't it strange how it's a fad to bite your idols, when the whole reasons you liked them was 'cause their shit wasn't recycled?"

those are two Ace Rock lines that kinda sum up their philosophy.

A lot of people call them nerd rap or whatever, but I really like how they push the envelope but remain grimy and hip hop without veering into some faggy artsy territory, at least in my opinion, some think they do.

but that wiggercore stuff like Necro, Ill Bill, Jedi Mind Tricks I find apsolutely uninteresting. Some of it's funny and sometimes the beats are banging, but generally I find that kind of stuff to be really corny.

but that wiggercore stuff like Necro, Ill Bill, Jedi Mind Tricks I find apsolutely uninteresting. Some of it's funny and sometimes the beats are banging, but generally I find that kind of stuff to be really corny.

Agreed. :kickass:

Jedi Mind Tricks fan's are among the worst out there. I also can not stand any Mexican rapping. White rappers I also agree with you on, although Paul Wall would have to be an exception if only for Bangin Screw. I've never heard a white guy rap with such swag and not sound fake. Def Jux is really cool though. EL-P is growing on me rapidly.

I guess growing up in New Jersey made you knowledgeable of good stuff from the east, I didn't think there was much. How did you know about S.U.C, though? I lost touch with our scene when I got into metal but I remember in the 90's, it seemed no one outside of the state knew about DJ Screw, Z-Ro and whatnot.

I'm definitely not too familiar with the texas scene.

I randomly downloaded a Z-Ro mixtape after a lot of people were jocking him on some hip hop message board I was frequenting.

Not really a huge z-ro fan, he can definitely spit, but his songs get kind of boring and his wordy style gets a little tiring to me.

When I was growing up, there was a hgge east coast bias, no one every heard of southern rappers. wu tang, jay z, nas, all day and the only other stuff I knew was stuff that was topping the charts at the time like Dre, Snoop, Bone Thugs.

Of course I was always more into metal and dedicated more time and money to it, any when that whole jiggy puff daddy time began I started getting deep into underground metal so I all but abandoned listening to rap, but in the last 6-7 years since I've started to get tired of metal I've been reinvestigating rap, digging back for classic shit I missed and trying to get familiar with people that are considered nice in every region.

I've been getting into Phili rap lately, other than the roots, beanie and freeway not many other rappers are known from Phili. they have some really nice rappers hustlin there though on the underground. Peedi Crack is one.

love dizzee.

Especially the first album "Boy in da Corner"

that production on the album is retarded...the beats are so angry and bizarre, that's the first time I heard grime and I was totally blown away by the energy.

His new album is a lot more commercial and he's trying to break onto the US scene, but it's still good because he writes good songs.

Some OGs from Texas said that Dizzee had lots of respect when he came to Houston last summer to perform.

Here's the track with UGK, Pimp C's verse is tight.

I hate British rap that tries to sound like American rap, but I love me some grime.

My favorite grime MC right now is durrty goodz

and this is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Last edited by a moderator: