Word to real niggaz

really? I think he's really talented.

DId you every hear those roll call songs where he spits like 15 verses imitating a different rapper almost perfectly for each verse?

heres the list: Hook (Cham) Young Jeezy, Jim Jones, Lil Wayne, Plies, E-40, B.G., Rick Ross, Rich Boy, Snoop Dogg, Bun B, The Game, Jay-Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the amount of rap talk in this thread, I'm going to consider this simply as the "not metal thread" and therefore post these:

Seeing these guys with Dizzee Rascal supporting next year, can't fucking wait :D

And these guys for good measure (yeah just wait for the radio host to shut up):
[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LG11CyGszOA[/ame]

Please let this be a rap thread so I can keep finding great jams from Azal. This guys is single handedly introducing me to great stuff like Devin The Dude, Aesop Rock, making me rediscover Andre 3000. "Well, I should say rediscover Devin, I had heard him but didn't know who he was".

I'm sorry I beefed with you Azal. I know it was before August and I feel like I was a child back then.

really? I think he's really talented.

DId you every hear those roll call songs where he spits like 15 verses imitating a different rapper almost perfectly for each verse?

heres the list: Hook (Cham) Young Jeezy, Jim Jones, Lil Wayne, Plies, E-40, B.G., Rick Ross, Rich Boy, Snoop Dogg, Bun B, The Game, Jay-Z

Damn, his Rich Boy was good, Jeezey was damn good. I don't think he did a convincing Wayne "lil Flip pulled that off in Road To Success and I hate him for it", wasn't impressed with his Game especially not Jay-Z. Snoop was alright.

I just don't like the guy because of all the SUC and Swisha House members, I feel he's among the least deserving to blow up. Let's face it, he's Houston's most well known rapper.

Did I ever show you Street Military? G-funk stuff from Houston in the early 90s, before DJ Screw.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt4:rofl:MjIJew&feature=related[/ame]

It sounds better screwed, I wish I could find that version.

Ah, here it is.

never heard, I'll check them out, sounds dope. There's lots of shit man, endless, you really have to be huge into the scene to catch up with everything.

Old bay area g-funk I've been investigating, also I just found out about a Cali OG called Richie Rich.

tell me Snoop didn't completely bite this dude's flow.

I thought Cham's BG was the best, scary how dead on, yeah the less south it is, the harder time he has with imitating.

Also there's the philly cat called Gillie the Kid, there was talk a while ago that he was ghost writing for Lil Wayne at one point and that Wayne bit his style.

Not sure how true it is, but the similarities are there for sure.

check this, he's the second dude on the track.

Peedie Peedie is my fav philly rapper. Dude is sick. Love the end of his verse, the cadence "you won't kill nothin, won't let nothin die...get it down"

and of course, Freezer is a beast but he might be too east coast for your taste.

it's pretty logical I guess.

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but Turk Talk - West Coast Vaccine is probably my favorite rap album of the last 5 years.

the production is amazing and turf is a very versatile rapper..tons of flows and unique voices, it takes a time to get into, but the album is astounding how fresh it sounds.

peep that if you get the chance.

there's really tons of styles rap and beatwise going on, but the album feels complete and everything meshes well.

droop-e on this beat.

one of my current favorite producers rick rock did this one. I want to punch someone in the dick when the bass drum comes in.

I'm loving the first song. I know my friends are gonna like this shit too, I'm about to listen to the second.

Heres one for you. Nothing experimental or new or anything.

keke and bun kill this but slim thug is one of my least favorite rappers ever, can't stand the fuckin guy.

fuck that dude and his black guy braid mullet, what the fuck kind of a haircut is that?

after listening to this, I kinda see what you're saying about trae sounding exactly the same on every verse, haha.

I used to hate Slim, he's grown on me slightly. You know who I hate now? Lil Flip. Little fucker went to my Middle School once.

Tell me he isn't ripping off Lil Wayne' at the very end where they kept his sorry ass verse. Z-Ro killed it, Trae sounded the same, Keke did his thing, and Pokey was alright.

6:15, what the fuck was that if not a blatant Wayne rip off?

everyone wants to be wayne now, though.

flip freestyles his ass off, that's all I know.

doa youtube search, he's one the best when he is spitting off the dome.

everyone wants to be wayne now, though.

flip freestyles his ass off, that's all I know.

doa youtube search, he's one the best when he is spitting off the dome.

Oh I know it man. He's a freestyle king. I'm familiar with his work, I just think his voice sucks and he can't spit.

so is the mullet braid something blacks are really rockin in texas or is slim thug truly a unique faggot with that one?

It's really hard to explain. Overall, no. There's braided guys like that but it just looks...better somehow. I'm not sure. What Slim does has always seemed strange to me but I can't pinpoint what's different about him than the other braided guys.

Holy fucking shit, thank you! I had no idea about this! Here's one for you. I'm not sure where this cats from, but it sounds east coast.