Worst guitar solos

i know i already responded to this one... but im going to have to say it again.

kerry king sucks.

in fact... slayer sucks. ok ok, i DO like show no mercy, its a solid album. In general slayer is one of the most overrated bands on the fucking planet.

i know i already responded to this one... but im going to have to say it again.

kerry king sucks.

in fact... slayer sucks. ok ok, i DO like show no mercy, its a solid album. In general slayer is one of the most overrated bands on the fucking planet.

Some of their early work is top notch, but they've pretty much followed the same shittiness trend as megadeth, and nothing theyve done in the past 15 years has been remotely decent.

Show No Mercy pretty much destroys every album in existence (except TRITSIO). Plus you have everything up to and including Seasons in the Abyss which is benchmark thrash metal (less so SitA, but thats still good thrash-esque heavy metal). Slayer is NOT overrated. They deserve the credit they get. so gtfo.

Slayer is NOT overrated. They deserve the credit they get. so gtfo.

Im sorry to break it to you... but they are overrated. Slayer is part of the trinity of overrated metal which also consists of Metallica and Pantera.

The reason I say that Slayer is overrated is because people give them way too much fucking credit. Slayer didnt invent thrash. Sure they were part of the early thrash scene but there were other bands out there as well. Alot of the crazy die hard slayer fans ive met refuse to accept the fact that Slayer didnt create metal.

Its a personal opinion as to how much I like or dislike slayer but I dont see how anyone could honestly say that Slayer isnt at least a little overrated.

I hate the solo to that country song that goes "You make it hard to be faithful, with looks of an angel" what a fucking gay attempt at being melodic

also:
Arch Enemy - Heart of Darkness
Morbid Angel - Angel of Disease
Death - Zero Tolerance

People may not like the style of Slayer solos for what they are, but it's hard to deny that they suit the music and work within it.

I get tired of people saying "kerry king's solos are shit" - big deal, they fit the music and add a chaotic element which was extremely influential on death metal lead guitaring.

Anything by Michael Angelo Batio, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dragonforce

Definitely. Also most solos from Dream Theater and other similar bands that are generally referred to as "prog", where the solos are basically bland neo-classical shredding, sweeps, etc. (I am not at all criticizing the skill and talent it takes to play these type of solos, what I am criticizing is their superfluous nature and placement within songs; they basically add no substance to the music).

The same problem befalls modern tech-death bands like Psycroptic.

Slayer were very good, and played blistering, aggressive thrash.
Megadeth, now there's a band that fucking sucks! They only had two decent albums, and even those had some shit songs on them.

Slayer solos actually sound really cool at 6 beers because at that point you don't even care if solos are good or not, they just sound fast and good. Whammy bar noises and dive bombs are the coolest thing ever at that point.

Slayer were very good, and played blistering, aggressive thrash.
Megadeth, now there's a band that fucking sucks! They only had two decent albums, and even those had some shit songs on them.

okay while reading the funny posts about kerry kings "terrible" solos i had to really try hard to NOT post about that...but now i read ignorant bullshit like megadeth sucking, i seriously think you need to get your head checked or rethink your music genre

okay while reading the funny posts about kerry kings "terrible" solos i had to really try hard to NOT post about that...but now i read ignorant bullshit like megadeth sucking, i seriously think you need to get your head checked or rethink your music genre
I know Mustaine and Friedman can play. Megadeth actually have some fast, hard to play solos. But Megadeth really don't have much material I can get into. Peace Sells and Rust in Peace are their only two albums that contain songs I actually like, albeit along with shit songs like Tornado of Souls and the like. Yes, I DON'T LIKE MEGADETH.

People may not like the style of Slayer solos for what they are, but it's hard to deny that they suit the music and work within it.

I get tired of people saying "kerry king's solos are shit" - big deal, they fit the music and add a chaotic element which was extremely influential on death metal lead guitaring.

True, true. Never thought about that very much.