Worst Katatonia release

worst release

• Total voters
I chose for Last fair deal gone down. Both previous albums sounded very melancholic. Katatonia lost it a bit that release. I was afraid they would loose it forever, but luckily the right (yet grown) atmosphere came back the next album!

As alot of other metal bands - katatonia lost her 90's charm.
Viva Emptiness is too New-Metalic for me. I hope the next album will be better and will sound more like Discouraged Ones. (Or they could do metal again, but the chances are - they won't.)

LFDGD, no doubt... Liked it at first, can hardly stand listening to it anymore... In retrospect, it had very little of the Katatonia atmosphere and was far too superficial and poppy to stand the test of time. "Viva Emptiness" is far better but still second worst IMO.

Erik said:
LFDGD, no doubt... Liked it at first, can hardly stand listening to it anymore... In retrospect, it had very little of the Katatonia atmosphere and was far too superficial and poppy to stand the test of time. "Viva Emptiness" is far better but still second worst IMO.
That's totally what I mean!

And yes, München-man, feel free to skip it. Most polls are about "the best releases", etc. This doomy subject fits Katatonia more, all way the downward spiral, hehe... And when ppl explain WHY, it's a decent way to give negative feedback.

It's gotta be the first one, too many mediocre songs/passages there. That said, I have a soft spot for Jhva Elohim Meth...

as a matter of fact i'm for the constructive feedback, be it negative or positive. to my regret (i guess) Katatonia's albums are a topic there're no points i could find "faults" with. on every record there're parts i'm maybe missing or wish to have it in a bit different way, but that's pretty far from picking up the "worst" one. can't put bad and their honest music in any way together.
yeah, blame it on my prejudice if you want. :Smug:
but after all i'm just an admirer of what Katatonia creates, couldn't review it, simply let my feelings flow.

Drynwhyl said:
"worst" release? huh?
sorry, i'm judging it by some other point of view, i'll skip this..

I agree, I think it is sort of disrespectful to talk about how shitty you think any katatonia release is on the katatonia forum. Just my opinion though, it doesnt mean much but I think I will sit this one out as well.

Deliverance6 said:
I agree, I think it is sort of disrespectful to talk about how shitty you think any katatonia release is on the katatonia forum. Just my opinion though, it doesnt mean much but I think I will sit this one out as well.
Oh, stop with your whining already. No-one said "shitty," he asked which we considered the worst Katatonia release. Now assuming that a person knows his order of preference for Katatonia albums, it logically follows that the last one must be the WORST. So basically, vote or don't, but don't get on a high fucking horse spouting bullshit like "OUH ALL ALBUMES ARE EUQAL AND IF YUO SAY THERE NOT YUO HATES TEH KATATONIA." Please.

Erik said:
Oh, stop with your whining already. No-one said "shitty," he asked which we considered the worst Katatonia release. Now assuming that a person knows his order of preference for Katatonia albums, it logically follows that the last one must be the WORST. So basically, vote or don't, but don't get on a high fucking horse spouting bullshit like "OUH ALL ALBUMES ARE EUQAL AND IF YUO SAY THERE NOT YUO HATES TEH KATATONIA." Please.

Like I said, it is my opinion, it doesnt mean much. Jesus you are an angry person. You should think about why that is and do some self searching.

:lol: I can think of several reasons but I don't particularly have the desire to do anything about it. I'm not like this most of the time.

If your not like that most of the time please dont be like that on here. Be yourself. Your probably a nice guy and I dont think your angry with me personally so I would appreciate it in the future if you wouldnt project your anger for other things/people on me. ;)

Deliverance6 said:
I think your probably right about Americans taking criticism. We kind of consider Europeans as rude, LOL ;)

Don't forget.. Europe isn't a country, it's a continent. There are huge differences between us.