Worst Maiden album?

What is your least favourite Iron Maiden studio album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Number Of The Beast

• Piece Of Mind

• Powerslave

• Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

• Brave New World

• Total voters
I went by the number of songs on each album that I like. FOTD had the fewest. No Prayer received bonus points because of Hooks In You, which I think is one of their best songs. FOTD, on the other hand, just has a heap of songs which I can't bring myself to listen to anymore. Maybe it's because I listened to it so much when it came out, but I don't think so. Something in me knew they were bad songs even then.

Killers is probably in my top three. I love that album. For a while there it was my favourite. Any album that has Wrathchild, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Killers, Purgatory and Drifter is a damn good album in my book.

Dance Of Death is the only one that I completely failed to ever get into.

It does have it's moments... if I just hear one song on it's own, i'll think "hmm this is good stuff, why didn't i ever give this album a chance?" but then if I try to listen to the whole album I think "why the hell am i listening to this?" and put something else on.

TinMan666 said:
It does have it's moments... if I just hear one song on it's own, i'll think "hmm this is good stuff, why didn't i ever give this album a chance?"

That's exactly how I feel with it.
There are a handful of songs on it which I just love given the right occasion, but it's rarely given a repeat listen.

VX1 sux so bad, i can't believe any other album has even got one vote.

I listened to Virtual XI today. It's actually not that bad an album. The only real problems I have with it are:

* The production

* The Angel & The Gambler, which had the potential to be a great song but instead just goes on and on and on

* Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger - see comments on Angel & Gamb.

Aside from that I have no problem with it. There are some great songs there (Futureal, The Clansman, The Educated Fool) and the rest are solid.

On the other hand, I started to listen to FOTD today and had to stop halfway through From Here to Eternity. Just a generally unpleasant album for me.

DoD is pretty ordinary, really.... Given I thought Brave New World was pretty cool, DoD was a let down.

Spiff said:
I listened to Virtual XI today. It's actually not that bad an album. The only real problems I have with it are:

* The production

* The Angel & The Gambler, which had the potential to be a great song but instead just goes on and on and on

* Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger - see comments on Angel & Gamb.

Aside from that I have no problem with it. There are some great songs there (Futureal, The Clansman, The Educated Fool) and the rest are solid.

On the other hand, I started to listen to FOTD today and had to stop halfway through From Here to Eternity. Just a generally unpleasant album for me.

Agreed. NPFTD and FOD are Maiden's lowest ebb.

I was going to say Virtual XI, as that album shocked me immensely (I hadn't bought any CDs for a while, bought that, and thought "fuck, what have they done ?").

But on reflection, No Prayer was the greatest disappointment.

I cant believe someone voted Killers(as a least favourite), oh well, no accounting for personal taste. Two words for you- Genghis Kahn! Hehe, anyway each to their own...