would you say SD2.0 is the best virtual drummer out there?

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
I have the old DKFH on ez drummer and also use battery with various samples
is there a huge improvement in sound on SD2.0 ??
if so, which sample set would work best for metal??

Yes, IMHO. The only real issue I have with SD is that most of the sounds at this point are VERY easily recognizable and are a huge giveaway. If you do get it, be sure to get the Evil Drums or Metal Foundry expansion and blend kick/snare samples wherever possible.

Yes, IMHO. The only real issue I have with SD is that most of the sounds at this point are VERY easily recognizable and are a huge giveaway. If you do get it, be sure to get the Evil Drums or Metal Foundry expansion and blend kick/snare samples wherever possible.

Thanks Jeff, yeh I hear ya about it being instantly recognizable - but I feel I need to get it as my current drum sounds lack "bigness" for want of a better term.

Agreed. I just started using Evil Drums and it is frickin awesome! I've been getting great results with it!

I tend to prefer BFD2 to be honest. But I've used Superior 2.0 quite a bit too. I oscillate between the two, depending on what sound I'm after. Prefer to use a real drumkit whenever I can.

very good, but fairly recognisable.. but then most people who hear the music aren't going to know..!

thanks,

i really like AVATAR, the sound is just so authentic to me. Metal foundry is pretty good id give it a 7.8/10 but i mainly use it like others, mainly for the overheads and a few other things,(i dont really like the ride cymbal on it tho), i usually mix the kicks/snares/toms w samples as well.

Ive never used EVIL DRUMS, any good anybody?