Would yuo use it?

mindspell

vvv Jake's ass vvv
Jul 6, 2002
Montreal
www.mindspell.org
Do you use Allmusic as a resource at all? Are you disatisfied with the service? Bad info, stupid ranking, crappy application that crashes all the time? Would you use a Wikimusic or a IndieWiki? Would you help start it out? Do you know people who would participate?

Note that all your writing there would be under GNU Free Documentation Licence so you would have to give out the writing.

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

I am just throwing ideas out there..

I love Wikipedia. I don't use allmusic much, but I don't know quite why. Something about the interface displeases me...it doesn't have as much intuitive linking as I would like (wiki-style!).

That's exactly why I was mentionning it. The Wiki software is open-source so it would be easy to set up and great to work with. I might give it a go and setup a test site just to see how that would go...

I use allmusic often, and although their related albums are completely silly (what's with the constant broken truth plugging?) there's a good deal of information there. A wiki would be a better idea, indeed.

Allmusic sucks. Their info is often wrong, always incomplete... Like NAD said though, that could be only for lesser known entities. I've never checked AMG for, like, Matchbox 20 or whateverthefuck...

What's Wiki? sounds cute....

Nice edit Alex. I really should restrict your access to edits now....

Mr onei219driver at Boston College. I toyed with the idea of playing with your work computer but decided against it...