Wow.. what a tour...

From 2003 in PA during a halloween fest at an amusement park (Phall Phun Phest at Knoebels). Do need to find some fur leggings and appropriate boots, though

sskviking.jpg

And for those of us who know you, you look almost like this every day! Just add a shield, horns and sword! :p

Does anyone know who is booking this tour? I'd like to try and get a Minnesota date, but I cannot find any info on the agency responsible for assembling it.

ditto for Atlanta. :kickass:

and yeah, I'm hooked too, Billy! :heh:

Start by contacting Ensiferum's booking/management. Likely they are setting up the whole tour, but if they aren't (or if they are using a state-side booker), they'll certainly be able to tell you who is in charge.

Ensiferum International Booking:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Teemu Suominen / Agent
Welldone Agency & Promotion
Hämeentie 15 00500 Helsinki, Finland
Phone: +358-9-85673418
Mobile: +385-40-573 3257
email: teemu.suominen@welldone.fi
www.welldone.fi
[/FONT]

If that doesn't work, try contacting the band directly: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ensiferum@ensiferum.com

[/FONT]And if that still doesn't work.. get in touch with the management of any of the other bands on the tour. Surely someone can give some info.

Turisas International Booking:
Jim Morewood / E.G.O.
English Gent Organisation
Kungsgatan 9C
411 19 Gothenburg
Sweden

jim[at]englishgentorg.com

tel: +46 (0)31 339 95 99
fax: +46 (0)31 13 95 01

www.englishgentorg.com

Tyr International Booking
:
L!sten Up Artist Management & Booking
Thomas Caser,
Herzog-Ernst-Gasse 6
A-8600 Bruck/Mur
Austria

Tel.: (+43) 676 705 77 79
E-mail: thomas@listenup-management.com

Eluveitie USA Booking:
Rock The Nation
artist management
Director: Maurizio Iacono

Phone: +1 708-853-9761

Fax: +1 708-447-8011

Email: office@rockthenation.us
office[at]rockthenation[.]us

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

More dates announced, including NYC and Powerfest:

Apr. 25 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Apr. 26 - Montreal, QC - Medley
Apr. 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
Apr. 28 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Apr. 29 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
May 01 - Chicago, IL - The Pearl Room (Chicago Powerfest)
May 05 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
May 06 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
May 07 - Sacramento, CA - The Boardwalk
May 10 - Orange County, CA - California Metalfest
May 15 - Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theater
May 16 - San Antonio, TX - The White Rabbit
May 22 - New York, NY - BB King Blues Club & Grill

This might just hit the Chicago area at the same time as Chicago Powerfest (May 2 & 3). The promoters have said that no tours would be a part of their fest, but if this could .. say .. hit The Pearl Room on May 1 it would make for a hell of a three day array of bands. According to the dates given they have several off days between at the beginning of May.

Britt

Your wish is someone's command.

According to the Metal Underground web site, Chicago has been added, specifically the Pearl Room in Mokena on May 1st -- which is interesting because no date could be more appropriate for a Paganfest tour. May 1 is Beltane, the ancient Gaelic holiday.

So all you Paganheads out there should find much to enjoy about the bands and the May 1 holiday.

I think Chicago is about as close to Michigan as this tour is going to come. So it appears I'll be making a Monday/Tuesday journey to Chicago. I've recently discovered all of these bands and I must say I'm intrigued. So we'll be there.

EDIT: I just noticed shaq posted this info yesterday. I apologize for the repeat.

looks like Atlanta is getting the PaganFest after all.

Monday, May 19th, 2008 - Masquerade. :heh:

and unfortunately I cannot claim having anything to do with landing this. But I'll be there regardless. :kickass:

Funny you bumping this today. This tour had totally left my brain until Wintersun started playing on my computer at work today. Between a two week planned honeymoon, a few days for PP, a day before the wedding, and two Nightwish shows, I have absolutely no room to see any other weekday shows (I only get 10 days vacation so I have to work extra hours here and there to make up for the extra days). Good thing Montreal is on a weekend.

Bumping this. Went to the Montreal show last night. It was amazing. It was a packed crowd though not a sell out.
Eluveitie apparently had to cancel the Canadian dates.
Gwynbleidd ended up opening as a last minute replacement. Were pretty good. Out of Brooklyn, NY. Played 30 minutes.
Tyr only got 30 minutes as well which meant only 3 songs. They needed at least another 15 :(
Turisas was fucking bad ass. Played an hour. The crowd was going nuts during Rasputin.
We ended up leaving after about an hour of Ensiferum. Their audio mix sucked and you couldn't hear any vocals (and I was behind the sound board). The sound for the rest of the bands was awesome though. I did notice a different guy doing Ensiferum's so it was probably the club's guy doing the other 3.

Oddly enough the best part of the night didn't even have to do with the music. We were up top for this show because I didn't want to be in the pit. At a table nearby us was a group of like 7-9 people. One of the girls had to be coked out of her mind. In the middle of Eluveitie's set she fell on her ass. She spilled like 6 beers on her table and would throw the cup every time she did it. Would stand on the table and almost fall during Turisas & Ensiferum. The rest of her friends were pretty normal aside for having a few beers in them. How they could stand having beer spilled on them all night I'll never know. We noticed she was pretty out of her mind before the show had even started and were saying we couldn't wait till she fell. It was so awesome to see it happen just 15 minutes into the show and I caught the entire sequence of events as she was right in front of me at that time. We were kind of waiting for her to fall into the sound pit in front of her while standing on the tables but one of her friends kept steadying her when she started swaying later. Oh young stupid coked out kids.

Bumping this. Went to the Montreal show last night. It was amazing. It was a packed crowd though not a sell out.
Eluveitie apparently had to cancel the Canadian dates.
Gwynbleidd ended up opening as a last minute replacement. Were pretty good. Out of Brooklyn, NY. Played 30 minutes.
Tyr only got 30 minutes as well which meant only 3 songs. They needed at least another 15 :(
Turisas was fucking bad ass. Played an hour. The crowd was going nuts during Rasputin.
We ended up leaving after about an hour of Ensiferum. Their audio mix sucked and you couldn't hear any vocals (and I was behind the sound board). The sound for the rest of the bands was awesome though. I did notice a different guy doing Ensiferum's so it was probably the club's guy doing the other 3.

Oddly enough the best part of the night didn't even have to do with the music. We were up top for this show because I didn't want to be in the pit. At a table nearby us was a group of like 7-9 people. One of the girls had to be coked out of her mind. In the middle of Eluveitie's set she fell on her ass. She spilled like 6 beers on her table and would throw the cup every time she did it. Would stand on the table and almost fall during Turisas & Ensiferum. The rest of her friends were pretty normal aside for having a few beers in them. How they could stand having beer spilled on them all night I'll never know. We noticed she was pretty out of her mind before the show had even started and were saying we couldn't wait till she fell. It was so awesome to see it happen just 15 minutes into the show and I caught the entire sequence of events as she was right in front of me at that time. We were kind of waiting for her to fall into the sound pit in front of her while standing on the tables but one of her friends kept steadying her when she started swaying later. Oh young stupid coked out kids.

Sweet

Hope you can hear Petri's vocals and the sound is good in Atlanta

22 more days! :kickass: