WTF are you listening to?

"Anthems to the Welkin At Dusk" and "In The Nightside Eclipse" half-speed LP remasters. I was ready to talk shit on this pressing but they actually sound amazing.

lol. Meanwhile my gothic girl teenaged self made a 3D video using Love You to Death in my high school computer class. This was in 1996 when Flash was some hot new shit. Macromedia, motherfucker!
please dig out the floppy disk with this on it, i need it

scheitan "berzerk 2000" is a little forgotten gem of bargain bin metal that not a living fucking soul cares about except me

the chorus on this song is stuck in my brain all the time

Reactions: Ellestin
I remember this album AND this chorus very well even though I probably haven't listened to it once after I was finished reviewing the promo back then.

Goes to show that ye olde materiale tends to stick

The sound of my own anxiety gaining sentience via heart palpitations.

Also, I have a Primordial song stuck in my head. Don't know the name.

Apparently it was Empire Falls but that one lodges in now and again in me head, indeed.

Now I'm listening to myself swear loudly as an insurance page logs me out unexpectedly.

aw

i mean you gotta always take these chances because you lose nothing if you're wrong but you look so fuckin cool if you get it right

Reactions: NAD

Well, this is a surprise. First Mare Cognitum with a new one, then Midnight Odyssey, and now the final member of I, Voidhanger's Triumvirate, Spectral Lore.

Fuck yeah.

From the presser:

Fresh from the success of “Wanderers: Astrology of the Nine” – a split album released in 2020 with MARE COGNITUM, their usual cosmic travelling companion – SPECTRAL LORE return with “Ετερόφωτος”, their brand new and highly anticipated full-length, destined to setting the whole progressive/atmospheric black metal scene on fire. Released seven years after the groundbreaking “III” (2014), actually “Ετερόφωτος” carries on from where 2012's “Sentinel” left on both lyrical and musical level, thus marking another separate series of albums than the ones labeled by Roman numerals, with the “Gnosis” EP from 2015 lying somewhere in the middle. “Ετερόφωτος” is a word without an exact translation in English: In approximation it means "the one whose light comes from others".

If SPECTRAL LORE themselves originally described “Sentinel” as epic and transcendental black metal, music to inspire the warrior spirit and through it achieve spiritual transcendence, “Ετερόφωτος” walks similar emotional paths with greater maturity and awareness, and can be seen as a comment on its predecessor's youthful enthusiasm, a kind of re-allignment that does not point towards a peaceful settlement, but on the strengthening of the need for rebellious, promethean praxis. In this respect, it is both a black metal and an anti-black metal record at the same time. Graced with a mystical and thoughtful cover painting by the Italian master Alessandro “Sicioldr” Bianchi, “Ετερόφωτος” is SPECTRAL LORE's call for a revolt through radical self-examination; it desires to fight back with the past while claiming what has been rightfully ours in the first place. And to finally see beyond the Self: to where our light comes from.

Dude behind this project looks like the splitting image of Hell Mike.

Their sophomoric offering destroys the aforementioned. First album in a few months that has me noodle dancing like Birkenau after getting a response on Plenty of Fish.

Mostly just throw on rando black metal these days. All majority serviceable mind ye, with scant few warranting a melacholic macarena.