WTF are you listening to?

i thought this was interesting and cool

a recently discovered 1979 demo version of "heaven and hell" with geoff nicholls on bass (geezer had briefly left the band i guess?)

it's obviously in a very early stage and it is interesting to hear the evolution. refinement it's gone through and the "ehh whatever we'll fix it later" bits in the middle very much remind me of the way i write and gradually whip songs into shape

Reactions: NAD
This utter fucking MASTERPIECE. 11/10 Buy or Die.

Revisiting this post/album. I didn't realize that it's now been Five Years since Bowie died.

I grew up listening to Bowie, as a wee lad it was pretty much Led Zeppelin and David Bowie when I was Five Years old, thanks to Mom for introducing me to great music so young.

So I was relatively acquainted with Bowie all through life, but I don't think I actually heard The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars until I was 20something. I mean there are some defining moments in life really. First time you drive a car. First time you have sex. First time you eat a good steak. First time you hear Ziggy Stardust.

The opening and closing songs...............there are no words. Both are an overwhelming experience, every time I hear them. Well I suppose you can also say aaaaaaaaahhhHH WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM!!

Also, this is one of the finest covers ever. It takes guts to tackle a song this good, and pretty amazing to nail it:

That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
ALso the new Ruins of Beverast is fucking top tier. Holy shit that man can make some thick atmosphere.

A bit late to the party but since I bet my left testicle that no one here ever heard of this album, let's roll:

is one of the 30 or so projects by French dude Camille Giraudeau, 27 of which were never released (the exceptions being this, his main band Smohalla and the crazy ass experimental BM one-off Stagnant Waters with Svein of Dødheimsgard/Fleurety on vocals). Long story short this some excellent, invigorating mood metal that fits right in the vicinity of Ved Buens Ende, said Fleurety, some early-2000s Enslaved, etc., you know the drill.

I'm pissed this didn't have a proper CD release. Never say never I hope.

The new Tribulation album is officially not good. There's a fair amount of blatantly recycled material on this new one and "Down Below" which really makes me think they're struggling for ideas. When I'm feeling motivated, I'll timestamp some passages which are very similar to "Children of the Night". These guys are pretty much done IMO.

The production also sucks.

Last edited:
The new Tribulation album is officially not good. There's a fair amount of blatantly recycled material on this new one and "Down Below" which really makes me think they're struggling for ideas. When I'm feeling motivated, I'll timestamp some passages which are very similar to "Children of the Night". These guys are pretty much done IMO.

Sadly you are kimd of right. This one is better than the last but both are a huge step down from those before imo, even if they have highlights here and there

Sadly you are kimd of right. This one is better than the last but both are a huge step down from those before imo, even if they have highlights here and there

Yup, agreed. For the record, I think "Children..." is an outstanding album. Just seems like they're relying heavily on whatever BLACK MAGICK compelled them to write it in the first place. First two albums also rule but they're obviously a different thing entirely.

Yup, agreed. For the record, I think "Children..." is an outstanding album. Just seems like they're relying heavily on whatever BLACK MAGICK compelled them to write it in the first place. First two albums also rule but they're obviously a different thing entirely.
Formulas is my favourite really, but both that one and children are top notch shit. I bought formulas on a whim around its release and expected the same in your face death metal as on the horror, and I was completely floored. I think the change the horror->formulas of death is both the biggest and most important one they made, all the following steps are in the same direction and eventually they went too far from what i like and it feels a wee bit tired and stuff

Reactions: MFJ

yep, pretty much

Reactions: MFJ
I'm listening to that one Pantera Live 101 album for the second time since I bought it 18 years ago and they sound pretty tight but I'm not entirely sure they tuned.

So if I had 13 beers in me I would be loving the shit out of it, just like when I saw them live a few times before all the death and murder and racism.