WTF are you listening to?

not sure yet

it sounds like new enslaved

but axioma ethica odini was actually pretty good

the full album needs repeated listens, and even then it's not guaranteed it will grow on every one. I have a feeling that their mixture of residual rawness and VERY melodic vocals does not work as it should this time around.

Enslaved's songs and albums generally take a while for me to get into, but the last album ruled and I expect this one to as well.

used to really dig them when they were around. even saw them live. Nathan was one of the best frontmen I have ever seen. He was doing these funny Kevin Smith like bits between songs ...

:(

I tried listening to God Was Created a few weeks back and couldn't take it. I mean, they mix the melodic and brutal pretty well I guess but them lyrics are coming from some angry prepubescent teen who was diddled in church one sunday afternoon. I almost choked on my Fage yogurt when they started screaming CHRIST, I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!

WhiteBeastofPA was drooling over the new The Faceless release on FB yesterday ... AOTY material he claimed ... I am going to kick is little ass ... man that's terrible stuff.

Where are you Max? I don't to trash you in public on FB ...

Hahaha granted there was some drunken hyperbole on my part, but I really do dig Autotheism. It's probably not RC-friendly material, but I dig the augury-meets devin towsend-meets opethness. I'll turn in my kvlt RC card now.

My round of recos are probably gonna be poorly-received haha.

FREE Earache sampler at Amazon ...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008WHVHIW/ref=s9_simh_bw_p340_d0_i2?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0629VVSA5V5RA7W1DZJ5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1295542782&pf_rd_i=163856011[/ame]

:(

I tried listening to God Was Created a few weeks back and couldn't take it. I mean, they mix the melodic and brutal pretty well I guess but them lyrics are coming from some angry prepubescent teen who was diddled in church one sunday afternoon. I almost choked on my Fage yogurt when they started screaming CHRIST, I FUCKING HATE YOU!!!
GWC and Helping the World to See still both have about 3-4 fairly kickass songs, but overall they didnt stand up over time or as i got more brutal stuff.

Hahaha granted there was some drunken hyperbole on my part, but I really do dig Autotheism. It's probably not RC-friendly material, but I dig the augury-meets devin towsend-meets opethness. I'll turn in my kvlt RC card now.

My round of recos are probably gonna be poorly-received haha.

lead riff @2:00 reminds me of the space level from NES game Bionic Commando :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
The new album is a lot better than Planetary Duality. Though I enjoyed that one, Autotheism is a lot less pointlessly wanky. Less chugginess too.

Last edited by a moderator: