WTF are you listening to?

I never checked out Crowpath, but should.

Goatsblood still fucking rules face. I love that band.

EDIT: Tonight is Borknagar and Emperor.

ken take notice!
damn... i never expect anything good when a band covers the Mahavishnu Orchestra, but these guys are awesome. the keyboard solo is fantastic (and the guitars.. damn). great version of this song

skip to 1:15 to avoid some serious music nerd-ology

that is some serious jazz-violin mastery

Last edited by a moderator:
I never checked out Crowpath, but should.

Goatsblood still fucking rules face. I love that band.

EDIT: Tonight is Borknagar and Emperor.

dude, Crowpath are fucking full of badassery. Their first album, Red On Chrome, is like Remission-era Mastadon but if they just kept to all the brutal shit. The drummer reminds me of Bran Dailor too. That second one I posted, Son of Sulphur, gets a lot more dissonant and straight kicks my dick in and fucks me out my ass. The third one, One With Filth, throws in a bit more sludgy elements. What a band.

ken take notice!
damn... i never expect anything good when a band covers the Mahavishnu Orchestra, but these guys are awesome. the keyboard solo is fantastic (and the guitars.. damn). great version of this song

skip to 1:15 to avoid some serious music nerd-ology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItN52DaWkE

that is some serious jazz-violin mastery

Yeah, I used to have that album actually. They are def good!

That album Red on Chrome is the one that Nate used to recommend all the time, and I've been trying to remember WTF it was called for ages (couldn't remember the band name either). Thanks!

2621967564-1.jpg

This album is giving me such a huge boner that I'm running out of skin.

I'm spinning the crap out of Borknagar right now, and by spinning I mean 00101010000010101011101100101010 the hell out of some mp3s.

Even though I finally bought a CD copy of The Olden Domain, it remains sealed and I'm on iTonks right now, because I'm sitting at the craptop.

Top 25 Song Evar right here, just sayin' is all.

I'm spinning the crap out of Borknagar right now, and by spinning I mean 00101010000010101011101100101010 the hell out of some mp3s.

Even though I finally bought a CD copy of The Olden Domain, it remains sealed and I'm on iTonks right now, because I'm sitting at the craptop.

I haven't heard that album in ages. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard a ton of albums in ages. I currently listen to the same half dozen bands over and over ad nauseum. Amenra, Fall of Efrafa, and Rebreather primarily. :cool:

Top 25 Song Evar right here, just sayin' is all.

yessss thank you. this is an incredibly underrated album. my top 5 ever:

1. masterpiece of bitterness
2. borknagar
3. bergtatt
4. somberlain
5. the jester race

its just so unique... nothing else sounds like it. even though i love the olden domain, it has NOTHING on the debut.

1. masterpiece of bitterness
I really need to revisit this album more, especially since I love your 2 thru 5 albums so very, very much. I can just never seem to get into Sólstafir, though I have tried. And yeah, I think The Olden Domain is likely a "better" album, but agreed that the debut has such a unique feel, so I gravitate toward it more.

I listened to a bit of Today is the Day's Sadness Will Prevail and Scald's Headworm last night. It was ugly and awesome. Also I bought Unhinged's book, last copy on Amazon.co.uk, OMFG!

I really need to revisit this album more, especially since I love your 2 thru 5 albums so very, very much. I can just never seem to get into Sólstafir, though I have tried. And yeah, I think The Olden Domain is likely a "better" album, but agreed that the debut has such a unique feel, so I gravitate toward it more.

i have been listening to this album on a regular basis since it came out and i am not a huge fan of their other releases. the newest album is pretty good, but I found 'Kold' to be a a very disappointing followup to 'masterpiece'. there were a good two years when i wasn't listening to much metal at all, and this album was still on regular rotation. give it another shot, it took a long time to mature for me but its soooo good.

now playing:

they had a massive sound, fantastic production