www.unisound.se

Dan I think it is remaining the important information like techincal and equipment stuff.

Could you give it to us ?

thanks.

....so you can steal all my tricks:loco: No, no...
I have only a few things to "brag" about, like my genelec 8240+subwoofers (all digitally calibrated for ultimate "truth") and a kick ass Frost Networks Quadcore with 3 UAD-1 cards.

Most of the other studios competing for the jobs have a very impressive list of gear and I have a pretty modest but ass-kicking "mix in the box" setup that doesn´t "wow!" any clients...maybe more scare them away actually:erk:, but in the end it is what you do with your stuff that matters, right??:err:

Dan Swanö;7552021 said:
....so you can steal all my tricks:loco: No, no...
I have only a few things to "brag" about, like my genelec 8240+subwoofers (all digitally calibrated for ultimate "truth") and a kick ass Frost Networks Quadcore with 3 UAD-1 cards.

Most of the other studios competing for the jobs have a very impressive list of gear and I have a pretty modest but ass-kicking "mix in the box" setup that doesn´t "wow!" any clients...maybe more scare them away actually:erk:, but in the end it is what you do with your stuff that matters, right??:err:

Im glad you're not a protooler and still your mixings are awesome!
:D

Perhaps because Dan didn't mix it alone, the album says "Mixed by Boss, Rex & Dan".

I was just thinking that "Here's a list of all records Dan has mixed, mastered or been involved in the making of." I think Dan has been involved in the making of NBDR some way:) (I'm thinking about the whole album, composing, singing etc). Should that phrase be removed or does that phrase mean only mixing and mastering?

But now, Nothing But Dan Remains!!!

Yeah:headbang:

it probably refers to engineering duties only. infernal isn't on it either, that one was recorded with peter tagtgren.

wasn't moontower released in 1998?

Dan Swanö;7552021 said:
....so you can steal all my tricks:loco: No, no... in the end it is what you hear that matters, right??:err:

Well put indeed!

To quote the man from an e-mail he sent me back in 2005 (I asked what kind of gear he had in the studio):

And about the gear... the best stuff I have is:

SWANÖ – Ears
SWANÖ – Patience
SWANÖ – Experience..

You really can't go wrong with that!!!
And not the least, they are one of a kind and will never be mass-produced!!! :D

I checked my copy and it also says 1998.
According to Metal Archives it was released in: January 26th, 1999.
So i think AnTz0r is correct, the record company was a little slow with releasing it.

Maybe someone or Dan himself can confirm or correct this?

I've been trying to tell a friend of mine to send their recordings to be mixed ando/or mastered by Dan...
they haven't done it yet... but maybe next summer when they are planning on recording a full-length for their own expenses.

I must say, it probably would catch more attention with Dan Swanö in the credits :D

http://www.myspace.com/solnic

Howdy.. The Nothing but death... and Unorthodox...and to some extent Infernal, was not exactly without my involvment in the engineering and mixing..but I figured i´d draw the line somewhere. And Nothing but...isn´t exactly my favorite kind of sound ever. There is like a 4 second long Hall reverb on the snare at all times..Boss liked it that way. And he kept pushing the ambience mikes for the guitar all the time to make the sound really blurry and the gates for the toms "false-trigger" all the time. I wish I could remix the whole goddamned thing.

Here's a list of all records Dan has mixed, mastered or been involved in the making of.

Two suggestions here. First, we have another grammar issue b/c "of" is a preposition and can't be at the end of a sentence. :danceboy:

Quick side note: This goddamn site doesn't have that funny/mocking "no-no" smiley? You know, the one where he's wagging his finger back and forth in front of his face....ahhh...but I digress. o_O

Second, I also think that if a potential customer were referred to this site and didn't know squat about Dan, he might read "...or been involved in the making of" to mean that this portfolio is artificially inflated. It makes it sound like Dan could possibly have handled janitorial duties in the studio for some of these CD's. :Smokin: A simple fix would be to include the word "significant" somehow.

Example for substitution: "Here is a list of all records in which Dan has mixed, mastered, or played an otherwise significant role."

Das mah werd.