Xbox360 and a Firepod?

Unavailable

May 28, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Anybody know how I can get stereo sound from the 360 using the firepod as my soundcard?

I thought about using the S/PDIF port, but I don't know if they make RCA, 1/8", or 1/4" adapters to S/PDIF and haven't found any on google.

I hate using crappy speakers. :erk:

The firepod has no software controller.... You would just send it to the Pod as left and right into channels 1 and 2, and set your mix knob to hear it out the monitors....

No shit, PreSonus doesn't let you set up a digital 'mix' with the thing? I didn't use mine for anything more than single tracks at a time, so I never bothered... That blows!

Are you trying to recording something from your 360, or use the FirePod to run sound to your monitors or something?

No shit, PreSonus doesn't let you set up a digital 'mix' with the thing? I didn't use mine for anything more than single tracks at a time, so I never bothered... That blows!

Are you trying to recording something from your 360, or use the FirePod to run sound to your monitors or something?

they have that for the firebox and the firestudio, not the firepod :-(

If the Xbox has a Spdif out, then sure you can hook it up, but you would need to monitor in your daw, since the direct monitoring on the Firepod only works for the 8 analog inputs.

If the Xbox has a Spdif out, then sure you can hook it up, but you would need to monitor in your daw, since the direct monitoring on the Firepod only works for the 8 analog inputs.

Ah, makes sense. The 360 doesn't have spdif, but I was also asking if they make adapters to spdif from RCA, 1/8", or 1/4".

Sounds like I'm out of luck...

I don't have enough patience to start Sonar and get a track setup for the 360's audio.

Ah, makes sense. The 360 doesn't have spdif, but I was also asking if they make adapters to spdif from RCA, 1/8", or 1/4".

Well the problem there is that the outputs you described are analog, whereas SPDIF is digital, so you'd have to have an AD converter between the two...

Sorry, I'm drunk as an ape, so the answer might sound a bit strange. The X-Box has an RCA-output for the left and right output channels, right? You need to plug to RCA-cables from the X-Box to your Firepod using RCA->1/4" adapters. Just insert them to channel 1 & 2 inputs on the Firepod's front panel and turn the Mixer knob (second from right) all the clockwise. It let's you monitor the inputs straight. No need for software.

Sorry, I'm drunk as an ape, so the answer might sound a bit strange. The X-Box has an RCA-output for the left and right output channels, right? You need to plug to RCA-cables from the X-Box to your Firepod using RCA->1/4" adapters. Just insert them to channel 1 & 2 inputs on the Firepod's front panel and turn the Mixer knob (second from right) all the clockwise. It let's you monitor the inputs straight. No need for software.
Yeah, but then you only get monaural sound.

I don't have a 360, but I assume it has some sort of digital output for surround sound.....are you all saying that the 360 only has analog RCA outputs!?!?

I don't have a 360, but I assume it has some sort of digital output for surround sound.....are you all saying that the 360 only has analog RCA outputs!?!?

I have no idea, but the fact remains he still wouldn't be able to use it properly since you have no way to pan the inputs on the Firepod, unless you monitor through a DAW......

Oh and I just checked, the 360 has digital audio output, but it's in Toslink optical format, not SPDIF