YES?

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
What do y'all think of Yes? I have been hearing alot of this band lately and I really Like some of their stuff but then again I really Hate some of their stuff .... So is it Yes? or NO? hahaha

YES YES YES!! I've seen them live about 7 times and they are always phenomenal. Squire, Howe and White are playing here soon....but will have to pass.

Greeno said:
That would be a NO for me. Just never could get into them.

Same here. I kine some of their songs like "Roundabout". But I can't stand their thin guitarsound. But thats just me :Spin:

Hawk said:
Same here. I kine some of their songs like "Roundabout". But I can't stand their thin guitarsound. But thats just me :Spin:

They are like Aerosmith to me in the sense that they have "a sound" that they never change. Everything sounds the same to me. They are indeed talented but boring (to me) at the same time.

Hawk you surprised me on this one, I would have thought you to be a big fan of them knowing that you like the more progressive stuff.

Greeno said:
Hawk you surprised me on this one, I would have thought you to be a big fan of them knowing that you like the more progressive stuff.

Thats good! I like surprising people. yea I like progressive music but it must have a certain edge. I am missing that in Yes. IMHO.

I had a compilation and "Tormato" which is the only album I could get into so far. I do like Yes nevertheless, and is one of my sacred 70's prog band.

Moreover is the home base for Rick Wakeman, the BEST keyboardist ever. I have several of his albums, saw him live and any band with him just kick ass.

I'm not crazy about them.. only liked Owner of a Lonely Heart and Roundabout.. i was never crazy about the 70's artsy bands like Yes, Asia, ELO etc...

I like them, but I can understand all the reasons mentioned of why people don't. They're are an acquired taste, like most 70's prog rock. The one thing that I love that is hard to ignore is the talented musicians in this band. Steve Howe is an unbelievable guitar player. Sometimes the songs are a little too long, or a little too proggy, and sometimes Jon's voice can be borderline annoying, but for the most part, I enjoy listening to them. Tormato is a very underated, and pretty much unheard of, album. Also check out the song Tempus Fugit from Drama.

I hate 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart', because of that crap and the fact that Wakeman wasn't playing with them, I skip them when they played live a few years ago.

Basically IMO Yes worth for:

Fragile (72)
Close to the Edge (72)
Yessongs (73)
Tales from Topographic Oceans (74)
Relayer (74)
Yesterdays (75)
Going for the One (77)
Tormato (78)

Wicked Child said:
I can take or leave Yes. Some of their stuff is really cool, but some of their stuff really sucks. I love "Don't Kill the Whale" from their Tormado album. :)

Why do you think I bought the album in the first place? :D