Yet another thread of me complaining about pod farm.

irakayden

Mar 16, 2011
I can't get anything with it. Im recording a metal band with terrible amps. So I have to do sims. I have nice clean DI tracks. And the drums and bass sound great and work well. But. Not being a guitarist myself, I can't dial in anything useful.

Any tips?

Different amps in pod, effects, heads. Etc

As always, not looking for a magic preset. Just a push in the right direction

Do you use pc? If so you should check the TSE and Lepou plugins.

Gate-Tubescreamer-ampsin-cabsim-eq-limiter

And then the most interesring part is to choose the IR for the cab. Fellow forum members have made some great ones right here.

Guitarhack's IR's (the legendary IR's)
God's cab (a really BIG and well done library for different mics and positions)
Asem beta ir (you can't go wrong with this one)

And i use the after eq to cut the simulator hiss from around 4khz, lowpass to taste (6-12khz seems right to me) and highpass around 100-200hz

Seeing as you aren't a guitarist, I fully understand not having good amps around. Can't help with Podfarm seeing as I ditched that a year and a half ago, but try out LePou's plug-ins (He now has them available for Apple AND Windows). I'd recommend trying the Catharsis impulses too or RedWirez impulses (I currently use RedWirez with my Blackstar head whenever I dont have my cab around)

if you're pissed with Podfarm, try:
Amplitube 3 &/or LePou Plugins
both of which I like better than Podfarm. but keep podfarm around for it's IRs.

Yeah I'm not necessarily looking for the sturgis sound. Just something good for metal. I wish I knew more about guitars and amps and such. I'll try the tse. And honestly I tried lepou already and couldn't quite get anything. I also have the gods cabs IR and guitar hacks.