Yngwie still one of the best

He’s too good...that’s the problem. An enigma for sure with some of the most arrogant quotes I’ve ever heard...but for straight up classically rooted shredding, his skills are unquestionable. More of a showcase composer than a great songwriter though IMO...

Bryant bro, you know I've been a fan of the Swedish diva since "Trilogy", but after I saw him live with the G3 and the albums after Tim Owens era, frankly he's done.

Huge Yngwie fan since the Steeler days. He's the innovator. Just like Sabbath is the father of metal and Dio the king of metal, Yngwie is the champion of neo-classical.

You are the reason why Yngwie has so much money. He is a guitar player that is so good, he connected with non-guitar players. You don't have to understand string skipping techniques and bla bla bla theory to realize this guy is a monster. He plays stuff that sounds good. What more do you want ?

Bryant bro, you know I've been a fan of the Swedish diva since "Trilogy", but after I saw him live with the G3 and the albums after Tim Owens era, frankly he's done.

Malmsteen does that widdly-widdly soloing on every track. It is tedious. He has copied everything that Blackmore does, the guitar, the song names, the classical type riffs and arpeggios, the album names, the way he fires his band members all the time, and even he copies Blackmores moods and character, except of course Blackmores character is his own whereas Malmsteens is false. I could go on.
Yes, Malmsteen has great ability, he is technically great. However he cannot write a song. He has virtually nill riffs that are memorable. Blackmore has endless memorable songs and riffs that are always playable and are rock classics. I could NEVER play a malmsteen song or album, they are tedious and everything is the same old widdly-widdly guitar.
Malmsteen ought to have realised this and started to work on making good music, but it seems he isn't intelligent enough to realise this, that or he is happy keep getting dollars from how he is going now.
What I am writing is not a hate thing against Malmsteen, it is an objective and truthful opinion.

I can understand why some don't really like him very much. He can be a bit over the top, and his ego, well it's out of this world.
But there's no denying that this guy has (had) a lot of skill.

To me, I have days where I can listen to him non-stop. I think the way he approaches classical music in his own way is brilliant. I'm a bit bummed out that he never comes to western Europe anymore!

Reactions: VyperLPJ
Too bad he did not record a cd with Jorn Lande. But I guess Jorn kicked his ass and the whole band including the road crew quit. They went off to to record the classic cd Burn The Sun by Ark..

Yngwie needs to stop singing! His new Blues cd goes against all things that are blues, Not good!

Just my 2 cents