you and alcohol

hyena

counterclockwise
Apr 13, 2002
-
I'm just wondering what happens to you when you drink. Not when you drink so much that you're shitfaced and throw up - just drink a bit. I find that there's some concepts and aims I don't express to certain people when sober. I'm not talking about declarations of love to unwilling partners, it's a general concept. And I hate that because life should be more or less equal whether you're drinking or not. My, I'm resembling some of the shady Le Carré characters.

so if you hate that... why do you drink? that's the sense of drinking imo. i like this feeling of "I don't give a fuck at the moment" even if you regret it later. it's ok when you can talk to people about things you wouldn't talk about sober. so i like Alcohol <3

i feel i could express more concepts too, and i think a lot, about silly things i wouldn't consider usually, i may even get more silent than when sober cause i simply think, then i always get in a moment where i wonder "am i going to throw up?" and most of the times i answer "no, you didn't drink enough, you obviously drank enough to talk about this with yourself though" and that's when i "wake up" and go back to real world :p
the biggest thing that happens when i drink or alterate my mind in other ways though is how much my mind floats away in weird daydreaming :p if you ever saw the big lebowsky, well, i guess it's something like the dreams in the movie.

I actually don't know how I am when I'm tipsy, so that implies that I lose my self distance/insight very quickly. But I know I can feel just as inhibited as when I'm sober. Gotta think about this a little.

It's hard to say, because it depends on my mood. I dont like to be very drunk so usually I stick with beer or only a little hard stuff.
When Im depressed drinking makes it a lot worse. Both because of the alcohol and because of the people I dont feel like seeing. Who doesnt want to be by himself when he's doing bad?
I dont think Im much different when Im drunk though, only more "extreme" in all of my habits.. more silly, more embarassing.. you get the idea :Smug:

Being tipsy is fun, I feel happy, joyous and are more spontaneous than normally. But being very drunk isn't nice; I lose my memory, can't talk properly and can't walk straight. However, sometimes being _very drunk_ is fun too, it just depends on the occasion and the company. Surrounded by as much drunk friends = party. :tickled:

I get more relaxed then I normally am.
if it's a bit over the edge I talk too much. and a step before or after that is that I laugh a lot. :err:
I inherited the part with too much talking from my dad. he used to be as annoying as an ass-fly. :Smug: though he never laughed when he was drunk.
mom wouldn't laugh either in such specific situation. :D

I become more friendly when drunk. It is sooo obvious I'm wasted though as I blush a lot and am really happy/laughing instead of my usual grim self. I prefer to stay away from it now to avoid making an arse of myself.

I experience very much similar to what Hilj said (apart from the throwing up bit).
I can be rather talkative in certain situations, but am most often quiet. Love listening to music when drunk, I notice things I previously may have missed. Also like the warm, tingling feeling I sometimes get.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
But but... people shouldn't be afraid of being drunk and making arses of themselves. It's such fun for everybody to see. :D
Not be afraid of it maybe, but I think people should avoid getting drunk as a skunk. It can't do anything good that a moderate amount of alcohol wouldn't.
Listening to music when drunk is kind of bollocks. Some delicate stuff can sound better because of the hazy mood...metal just sounds worse, unless you're having a singalong with some friends. Good times.