You know what?

Well, if you think speed metal is just fast, you're wrong buddy. :B Speed metal is a highly technical musical genre, very demanding of players, with very intricate and complicated riffs played at high tempos. Try some Annihilator and Megadeth.

'Back In The Village' is a great song.
I have no idea why it's not live fave and so underrated.
I mean a song like 'Bring Your Daughter..' is a poor stuff compared to '...Village'

Soul O said:
Well, if you think speed metal is just fast, you're wrong buddy. :B Speed metal is a highly technical musical genre, very demanding of players, with very intricate and complicated riffs played at high tempos. Try some Annihilator and Megadeth.
That's thrash, smart one. Speed metal is ordinary metal played fast.

anonymousnick2001 said:
That's thrash, smart one. Speed metal is ordinary metal played fast.
Wrong, baby. :) Thrash is a simplified speed metal (that is, not as technically complicated). Annihilator, Megadeth and early Metallica are all speed metal. Slayer, Overkill, Exodus is thrash.

Soul O said:
Wrong, baby. :) Thrash is a simplified speed metal (that is, not as technically complicated). Annihilator, Megadeth and early Metallica are all speed metal. Slayer, Overkill, Exodus is thrash.
Are Watchtower speed metal then? What about Voivod?

I'm not familiar with those. Anyway, you can do a search on the net on speed metal and thrash and whatever. YOu can check the definitions at allmusic.com too...
Of course you'll probably get some results that are wrong... like there are many sites that list ManOwaR as a power metal band... :rolleyes: Try and convince idiots who think ManOwaR is a power metal band that it's not... they'll come up with all sorts of links you can find on google that say they are... In fact... I think even AMG lists ManOwaR as power metal! :lol: :ugh: Anyway, I digress...

I consider Manowar power metal.

Motorhead are speed metal.

Megadeth and Annihilator are thrash. As are Watchtower and Voivod. All four of those bands are far too technical to be thrash, not to mention they all use the patented 'thrash riff' in many of their songs.

YOU LOSE.
k, bye thnx :)