"You know you're a viking if...."

(totally off subject of a already derived subject... Im accepted to university in History program :headbang: ^^ still waiting the answer for Arts program though)
Cool :) I was trying to get into a course, but I wasn't able to get my secondary school records straightened out in time. Stupid bureaucracies who can't find a damn transcript.

Tyra concurs with The Bates. It's very difficult to sail in solid ice. Summer is best.
I get this picture in my head of people trying to put a giant ice skate on a longship.

back on topic!

you know youre a viking if you go to take a shit in the outhouse and your ass gets frozen to the toilet seat.

im sure it happened during colonization in north america lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
Tyra concurs with The Bates. It's very difficult to sail in solid ice. Summer is best.
I get this picture in my head of people trying to put a giant ice skate on a longship.

hmm yea forgot about the 'ice' factor lol good point!

You know you're a Viking if you were taught to fight with sword and shield before you knew how to walk

you know you're a viking when:

...the Bartender keeps asking you: "what is mead?"

...your new girlfriend finds out that you gave all your kitchenknives personal names

...you think raiding and pillaging is a good way to meet people.

...wenn you think that Helga, Gertruda und Snotra are nice girl names

...when you changed your name from John Smith to Hrafnkel Niflgrimsson.

...when you throw a spear against the enemy soccer team, while yelling: ODIN OWNS YE ALL!!

...when you have more money at the end of your journey through europe, than you had before.

Hey, I learned something new tonight:
You know you're married to a part Norwegian Viking when your husband bends over to give you a goodnight kiss, but ends up knocking your front teeth out with his big ass Mjöllnir neckless instead...

LOL, sounds like something my wife would say.
That, and the bit from 'Metal By Numbers'... "Any idiot could do it!" "Honey, you're an idiot, why don't you do it?"

Except I'm not a Norwegian. I have come to the conclusion that there is no word for me, but Bates. :p

As for the whole cold thing. I get strange looks all the time when I wear shorts year round. I think I wore pants a grand total of 3 times in 2006.

Anyways, you know you're a Viking when

-you own various kitchen products made out of cow, and all for holding alcohol (horn, skin sack, hoof mug etc.)
-every winter you find yourself hoping that "this will be the one"
-the words "cold steel" sound more appealing to you than the words "warm bath"

Yeah, seriously?! The English used to complain in their journals that they so hated it when the Norse came to town, because they kept having baths all the time and "combing their hair daily" (vanity for a Christian of that era), which meant that the women were attracted to them instead of the English. So, the Enlish boys never got laid and so set about lamenting to the Pope. True story.