You Motw guys should know...

Static

Manically depressed robot
May 5, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
That the new Opeth album is SO SO SO SO GOOD, and you fellas are gonna have to have done a really cracker-jack job with your new album if you want to stay my favourite band!!

:cool:

You've got your work cut out for you! :devil:

Oooh a challenge!

I'm being strong and not downloading that just yet, so can't comment.

Static said:
That the new Opeth album is SO SO SO SO GOOD, and you fellas are gonna have to have done a really cracker-jack job with your new album if you want to stay my favourite band!!

:cool:

You've got your work cut out for you! :devil:

dude our new album will be the musical equivalent of us hiring a goon to sneak up behind mikael and taking out his knee with a crowbar like what tonya harding did to nancy kerrigan.

Baliset said:
dude our new album will be the musical equivalent of us hiring a goon to sneak up behind mikael and taking out his knee with a crowbar like what tonya harding did to nancy kerrigan.

lol. good answer.

Dammit. I can't wait until April 22. I'm actually really eager to hear "Damnation". I really hope it will be the breakthrough I want out of Opeth. They have an amazing sound, and really great riffs or whatever - some parts of some songs are really incredible - I just feel like they've got a focus problem or something. Not that there songs should only do one thing, of course, it's I have the standard complaint that the music can be incoherent.

I feel like they're really on the virge of something though. They could be absolutely fantastic. Maybe "damnation" is it, and if it is, I hope they see it for what it is.

Wow. Ramblage.

from what I've heard, there's not much of the metal Opeth sound that you like here.

it's really mellow, kinda nostalgic 70s type prog rock.

Mikael's mustache is sinister though.

exactly, total kid-toucher stache.

I suspect there is a gagged 5 year old in the trunk of his volvo.

his mustache and unusually chubby face and double chin, makes him look somewhat like a hamster.

i agree with Sam. Because I like alot of Opeth's riffs and parts but nothing has really done it for me yet with them. They are like Fates Warning in that respect to me because I will buy multiple albums to see if that one will be the one that gets to me. If "Damnation" is as good as you say then I will be psyched. I dig mellow 70's prog rock type stuff when its done well and fresh.

actually i like certain songs from each. I should have mentioned that I LOVE Pleasant Shade of Grey. I meant that the process is the same because I got Parralels, then No Exit, then one of the John Arch albums, then Pleasant Shade, then Perfect Symmetry but only Pleasant Shade is the one that really moved me.

i haven't gotten OSI yet? Is it any good? please tell me it isn't a tech wank fest because i have faith that kevin moore would not be involved with a project like that but when sean malone and portnoy are involved things could get wank pretty fast as much as i respect them. Sean Malone is a awesome guy though. He taught at the Workshop the first year I was working there and came across as being very cool.