Your 3 favorite Metal productions of all time!

For me:

As I Lay Dying - Shadows Are Security
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Textures - Drawing Circles

I must say I'd personally add an honorary place for As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us. I love Colin Richardson's work on that one

Just thought I'd mention that I agree with you dudes who mentioned the Black Album, The Great Southern Trendkill, Ghost Reveries, and This Godless Endevour.

i think these threads always turn into people listing their fav albums not necessarily for production value.

First came to mind are:

Death - The Sound Of Perseverance (Can´t tell how many times i listened to it)

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - All You Need Is Love (When i first listened to Allegro Barbaro i was just headbanging at the CD-Store, AYNIL has the much better production. Andy Classen)

Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (My personal sound reference)

First came to mind are:
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity (My personal sound reference)

really?

There was nothing at all about that album I liked. I thought the snare on Change of seasons was the worst thing ever till I heard this. Of course it still isn't as bad as St Anger, but its definitely the 2nd worst snare I have ever heard.

The guitars on this album were just very weak to me as well. If I were to chose a DT Album for "production value" it would probably be Octavarium or Train of Thought the production just got a whole shit ton better for me on those two. Especially Petruccis lead tones and the drums in general.

This one is hard... lemme think

• Fear Factory - Demanufacture + Digimortal (can't really choose between those two)
  • Nickelback - All the right reasons
  • Fear My Thoughts - Volcanus -or- Greg Howe - Introspection (IDEM FF)

(Yep, quite the genre salad :lol:)

really?

There was nothing at all about that album I liked. I thought the snare on Change of seasons was the worst thing ever till I heard this. Of course it still isn't as bad as St Anger, but its definitely the 2nd worst snare I have ever heard.

The guitars on this album were just very weak to me as well. If I were to chose a DT Album for "production value" it would probably be Octavarium or Train of Thought the production just got a whole shit ton better for me on those two. Especially Petruccis lead tones and the drums in general.

Train Of Thought sounds so good :D and the St Anger snare sounds like a tin being hit :lol:

i think these threads always turn into people listing their fav albums not necessarily for production value.

Yes! Guuuuys, we´re talking about productions here!!! :D Although production and mixing is art and causes different tastes. Nevertheless I hate the sound of "operation mindcrime" and I LOVE the songs on this album...the SONGS!

Yes! Guuuuys, we´re talking about productions here!!! :D Although production and mixing is art and causes different tastes. Nevertheless I hate the sound of "operation mindcrime" and I LOVE the songs on this album...the SONGS!

sorry mate but i love it! production wize!:)

Nevertheless I hate the sound of "operation mindcrime" and I LOVE the songs on this album...the SONGS!
I think its pretty good actually, considering it was made like, 20 years ago or something. I dont think a shit production will ruin a great song but a great production will not make a shit song more listenable.

There are some elements I absolutely do not like on "Operation Mindcrime", especially the drums (snare) and the overall sound. The whole production sounds pretty cold and hard imo. This even keeps me from listening to it more often, although I love some of the songs, especially "Speak"!

Nevermore: DHIADW
Testament: The gathering
Testament: The formation of damnation

Other brilliant masterpieces:

Metallica: Black album
chimaira: Ressurection
Exodus: Tempo of the damned
Carcass: Heartwork
Lynch mob: Wicked sensation
Winger: In the heart of the young
Opeth: Blackwater park
Judas priest: Painkiller

Machine Head - The blackening
Lamb of god - sacrament
Testament - the gathering

obviously the black album is in the 4th place

1. Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
2. Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
3. In Flames - Clayman

Hmmm, I've seen you talk about it now for a while and I guess its just me, but I think Stabbing the Drama sounds absolutely terrible! Perhaps I'm missing something.