Your Autos

-CC-

Something in My Eye
Jan 12, 2009
Hey, was interested in seeing what you metal folks were driving since I'm quite into automobiles...

Unfortunately my monetary situation hasn't allowed me to get anything better than an old 91' Honda Accord LX :) but that's all about to change when I get a fat record deal and play shows all over the U.S. (yeah right!)

Post pics if you like..I'd rather not show off my abomination until I finally buy an Integra

I'm a bit of a Golf nut, have owned 4 of them now. I've had my latest one for about 3 months or so. 06 MkV GTI, lowered, re-mapped ecu to 188 kW, 18" rims, short shift gearbox, colour coded bumpers, ipod adapter in glovebox, sunroof.. I'll stop now.

P5050077.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010063.jpg

i was thinking about getting an A3. but i think i have more room in my caliber, and right now i need function more than performance
~gR~

I'm a bit of a Golf nut, have owned 4 of them now. I've had my latest one for about 3 months or so. 06 MkV GTI, lowered, re-mapped ecu to 188 kW, 18" rims, short shift gearbox, colour coded bumpers, ipod adapter in glovebox, sunroof.. I'll stop now.

VW's can kiss my ass. I've had to work on my girlfriend's Jetta 100 times for some of the most retarded stuff. I take care of it too, do routine maintenance all the time and something random happens to it. Such a pain in the ass.

Currently I own an 03 Grand Am, white. Oddly enough I've had zero issues with it. I had prepared myself when I bought it that it was going to fall apart in about two months but it's actually a very reliable, tough car. I really wish I hadn't traded my truck in, but my payment is really low with this car so I have no reason to get rid of it until it dies.

My next vehicle is going to be a Tacoma Crew Cab in black or dark-grey.

5446_cc0640_001_1G3.jpg

oohhhhh yeaaahhh, daddy like

I have a 2007 Honda Accord SE. Nothing special that require a picture. :p Good and reliable car though.

I'm highly tempted to get a Lexus IS250 next though (in about a year).

Here is my car history:

1974 Dodge Dart from about 1986-1989
1977 Chevy Monte Carlo from 1989 to 2003 (yes, 14 years)
1988 Toyota pickup (wife's hand-me-down) from 2003 to 2009
2003 Toyota Corolla CE (wife's hand-me-down) starting in 2009

Wife drives a 2009 Rav4 V6, 2WD

'97 Audi A4 1.8T
I don't think I'll ever drive anything but Audi.

An Audi is probably the only other car I'd consider. The new S3 looks really nice.

VW's can kiss my ass. I've had to work on my girlfriend's Jetta 100 times for some of the most retarded stuff. I take care of it too, do routine maintenance all the time and something random happens to it. Such a pain in the ass.

I've had no probs with my GTI so far, and I owned my last GTI for 9 years with minimal issues. I've read on the American VW forums of people having all sorts of shit go wrong with their cars, maybe you guys get all the lemons or something. Or maybe you should take your girlfriend's car to a proper mechanic?