Your best / favorite mix

Joel4662

Jul 23, 2010
I just had this idea I thought it'd be cool. Just post your favorite mix you've ever done and just tell like a story about it or something.

I'll go first http://db.tt/zsed5Vej
I did this like 4 months ago for a friends' band and I haven't really been able to top it. It's pretty generic but that intro took me HOURS! The guitars are barely edited too. Guitar player was crazy tight.

Anyways I'm setting the bar pretty low for you guys but I just wanna hear the best stuff! I hope this catches on :rofl:

MY best so far is my current one. This one i wrote/recorded/mixed/mastered myself. No vox yet but tho, when i do those i'll "unmaster" it then remaster it with the vox in. if you decide to take a listen, let me know if theres anything you would have done differently or just want to talk about.

its quad tracked with POD. slate shells/joey cymbals

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52578704/Who's Been Painting My Roses Red_.mp3

MY best so far is my current one. This one i wrote/recorded/mixed/mastered myself. No vox yet but tho, when i do those i'll "unmaster" it then remaster it with the vox in. if you decide to take a listen, let me know if theres anything you would have done differently or just want to talk about.

its quad tracked with POD. slate shells/joey cymbals

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52578704/Who's Been Painting My Roses Red_.mp3

SHIT SOUND RAD DUDE! I love the bass at 1:00!

I appreciate that. Listened to yours again, I started listening for mixing techniques and technical things to talk about, but that quickly turned into just head banging because of how heavy the song is. But did I notice some clipping on the tom hits in the beginning? Mine prolly clips too I just haven't noticed it yet haha.

Some OP love: That intro was tight Joel!

Mine is probably this track, I haven't had much time to recording anything since this other than Odessa. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate that. Listened to yours again, I started listening for mixing techniques and technical things to talk about, but that quickly turned into just head banging because of how heavy the song is. But did I notice some clipping on the tom hits in the beginning? Mine prolly clips too I just haven't noticed it yet haha.

Some OP love: That intro was tight Joel!

Yeah it clips just a hair on the tom hits. If I could go back now I'd fix it but toooooooo late :zzz:

TOMMY I LOVE YOUR SONG :O I love the riff at 1:13, it's perfect when the other guitar comes in and what did you use for the part at 2:19

TOMMY I LOVE YOUR SONG :O I love the riff at 1:13, it's perfect when the other guitar comes in and what did you use for the part at 2:19

Wow thanks so much!! About the riff at 1:13, Ive been on an old Impending Doom kick for a while now so that riff is definitely a product of obsessively listening to Serpent Servant. And the synth at 2:19 is just a stock synth that comes with my daw, Studio One. It's called 'Presence'. I'm glad you like it so much man. My freind and I are writing a split right now and this song(along with two more you'll probably like) will be on it. Plus three of his songs. I'll post about it when it's all finished. :headbang: