your choice in guitars?

Heavenscent said:
I think I would go for this one:

http://www.instrument-online.nu/arkiv/0110/maverickx1.jpg

I once played a maverick, and I thought it was a kickass guitar
maverick's quality control is pretty bad... have had a few friends with one who have been incredibly disappointed...

as for me... i have 2 axes of choice...

my Rhoads V, a jap 01 RR5, with a dimarzio x2n in the bridge spot and duncan seth lover in the neck spot... it was once signed by alexi, but i have since removed all the paint for personal reasons...
this is what it looked like when it was signed by alexi and roope
AlexisESPHasNothingOnMyJackson.jpg

this is roughly what it looks like now
RhoadsV.jpg

and my all time favorite guitar thats also fairly rare, my Washburn EC-29... Neck through, mahogony body, i put an X2N in the bridge spot and a Lace Sensor in the neck spot, as well as an Ibanez Edge tremelo on it... lemme tell you, it wails, plain and simple... i got it with nothing on it besides tuners and a locking nut, and have since made it what it is... i even played it when my band opened for Reunion lineup testament(that was its first and only show, since i have recently left that band)... its my pride and joy, and i got a killer deal on it... got it with a hardshell case, a johnson j-station, and a m-audio usb to midi adapter for all of 325, which also included shipping! anyways heres pics, both of its current condition, and its neck joint

EC29.jpg

EC29-002.jpg

this is my main axe now... its got a fender 250kohm volume knob and a fender 3 way switch in it as well... definately my creme de la creme

My current one(nevermind the broken 1st string. Never mind the background, too, the picture I took in the stand was way too dark):
437153.jpg

I'll have one custom made, once I put my hands on the $$$...I plan on building it myself, at least the 'non-critical' stuff...which means, I'll have a luthier build the neck with the woods I put together(laminate...here this kinda stuff is known as a sandwich neck, I have no idea of the english true name...take a look at the ibanez s-470dxqm for an example), ebony fretboard, mop arrowhead inlays and 24 frets. Then I myself will glue the body wings and route the shape and pickup cavities(if a can get kelly body cheap and rip it apart, it would be easier)....Btw, I'll shape it like this:
1156.jpg

I'm thinking about building the body from mahogany, because it's cheap and has a good tone...any ideas on how to reduce the weight are welcome :D

I dig those, too:
m1000_stblk.jpg

mh400.jpg

S470DXQM_CN_1M_05.jpg

@Gav: About the floyd rose springs:"It felt better" <--what do you mean?

"better" is a relative concept. Let me rephrase: Did it go softer, more stable, more control?...what were the changes? Saying it was better is pretty much the same than answering the question "How's CoB?" with "It's cool."

EDIT: Or better yet: Please elaborate :loco:

Well, as you're putting 2 springs over on the "thin strings" side, and 1 diagonally over that of the 4, 5 and 6th string, you are balancing tension. As a result, when you push the bar down, it travels a lot more smoothly returns better, and allows for more comfortable acrobatics :D

That makes sense :worship:....
Shit! I've just screwed in new strings :rolleyes: guess I'll have to wait for them to wear off and try this...perhaps I'll change to 10-46 too

-Gavin- said:
Well, as you're putting 2 springs over on the "thin strings" side, and 1 diagonally over that of the 4, 5 and 6th string, you are balancing tension. As a result, when you push the bar down, it travels a lot more smoothly returns better, and allows for more comfortable acrobatics :D
jeez i gotta run 5 springs haha... 10-60's on my washburn, even tuned down to D to keep the trem i need 5 springs... but they are kinda old, probly worn out

Meshuggah = Innovative, Original, and Ultra Heavy. And @ this guy above ^ Meshuggah isn't really about "leads"; they focus more on the low end (like bass, drums and rhythm) and that's what I like about them. The guitarist's solos are insane too. Sounds Like Alan Holdwworth @ times.

goth_fiend said:
has anybody seen the angra sig model that esp japan is putting out, i want that axe! 27 frets man.

Yeah, it looks pretty cool, frets 12-27 are scalloped. I wouldn´t mind having that one, costs between 4000 and 7000 euro´s though, as far as I could find it on the internet... damn Japanese models :(

espkikoloureirose20rp.jpg

espkikoloureirose8dv.jpg