• That's What You Get

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other (please post).

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is anyone actually still doing the Decode guitars at all?
Cos I did download the drum track and started practicing to that with a click track too, and I pretty much know the song inside out for all the guitar parts. My guitar is in great condition, fairly new strings, no intonation issues.
If no is doing it, or no one wants to wait around for another month for it to be done, I'll get onto it much ASAP, since I wont be too busy this week.

sorry don't know what's been said but that snare on decode sounds fucking monsterous. Please to give sample and EQ settings!!!!

Dunno what mix you're talking about dude.. there are quite a few in this thread and some aren't even done by me.

Once this is done I'll release all the raw files (+samples) for you guys to play around with.

for paramore, you need HUGE drums and HUGE cymbals (meinl byzance 21, 22" crashes/rides.) i happen to have the same crash as zac :D

of the mix i heard on one of these pages, what it's lacking is BALLS.

Whats the go with this?
Anything still happening or has it just come to a complete stand still?

When i get home at the end of this month ill try and track guitars for a song or two just incase no one has by then and post the d.i's

Real cool idea, but it seems to have fallen apart sadly :(

Also, if no one has done vocals to anything i may also have a crack at that or try and convince a great female singer i know who loves Paramore to come round and do some.

I know I said I was gonna do it, but around the time I said I was gonna do it, suddenly all these other real world things were thrust upon me and I couldn't really find much time to do it, and when I did get around to doing it for the first time, I wasn't quite happy with the way I played it and realized I needed to put more practice in for it because I'm not used to playing in drop D tuning at all.

I did end up basically completing all the distorted guitar tracks in the end, because in the last few weeks, I've really had a lot more time for playing guitar and recording.
Ignoring the shitty clean intro, which was not practiced much and just put there for the sake of not having total silence in the intro of the clip, just wondering if my playing is deemed tight enough

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1663306/Decode Cover 1 (no bass).wav

There's no bass, since the point of this was just to play the guitar track over it anyway. Reamped my DI files with POD Farm and a bit of saturation plug in happening, nothing else there.
So yeah, if the Decode guitars were not actually done and you think my playing is decent enough, I'll finish off what I need to do and send the DI tracks
If the rhythms tracks were done, then well, I don't care, then even contributing a guitar solo, just anything guitar (or even bass guitar wise once I get new bass strings) I'm totally done for because I have heaps of time in the next month

I'll offer this up, there's a comment about balls to the drums. I am 100% sure I can get em that way. And since I did make the many versions of the Paramore triggers(some I kept secret hehe), I know the in and out of that drum sound. I'll offer up my mixing for anything if anybody wants. Otherwise, I DO like what I'm hearing from others!

Well since 'treating' my room made such a huge difference I think I'm going to retrack these. Just spent a couple hours fiddling around with tunings and mic placements. The result: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Paaaaaaramoooooooooooooooooore.mp3

NO sample replacement in that. 2 OHs, 2 rooms (one crackles on the left partway thru.. need to fix that), top snare and kick (tunneled). No tom mics.

Apologies for the AWFUL playing I have barely played these last few months.

Can we get a list of what has and hasn't been done so far? I'm really confused here as to what I can actually still contribute.
I've just got new bass strings (which are expensive considering it's a 5 string bass) and I've got shit loads of spare guitar strings, so I'm itching to want to see this all get done

Ryan has done the guitars for LTFB, Machinated has done them for Crush. I need to retrack all the drums.. maybe leave TWYG out of this so we can get it done sooner. We have bass for LTFB and Decode done by I think Slipkyes.

Machinated said he should be able to do Decode's guitars, so Harry would you be able to do the bass for Crush?

Also, Slipkyes, did you take DI tracks for those bass lines?

We talking bout the live version of the song, or the studio version (Crushcrush)? I do recall someone, probably you, saying in this thread it would be the live version