• That's What You Get

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other (please post).

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok I'm finishing That's what you get and Crushcrushcrush right this moment. About crush, actually bass does come in during the "they taped over your mouth" part, but I'll just not do them, perhaps some synths and stuff in the background instead could be really cool. SO I'm gonna do it that way, I'll post the wavs when I finish

I'm having a small issue, I'm recording through a POD Xt live as interface/DI (All I got right now), and I can't figure out how to add some preamp gain to the input, I'm recording a bit too low IMO.

Harry, you have any idea? someone?

edit: is this take any good? I have no problem in re-recording it
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Crush Bass DI.wav

I have a POD X3, but since it's the model up, I don't know what feature it has that the XT doesn't (aside from the obvious things like more amp models, effect etc)
On my POD anyway, is this little thing in the bottom right corner of the screen, that shows the output level in dB of the POD patch itself.
I could be totally way off base, but I think that determines that level of the signal being sent through when recording.
I always have mine set to -3dB for my patches that I use for DI tracks, just be on the safe side and I don't get any problems with input gain, my DI tracks seem to sound fine.

I have a POD X3, but since it's the model up, I don't know what feature it has that the XT doesn't (aside from the obvious things like more amp models, effect etc)
On my POD anyway, is this little thing in the bottom right corner of the screen, that shows the output level in dB of the POD patch itself.

At the bottom right corner of what screen? the line 6 Edit? or on the pod itself?

On the POD itself.
I can't find my manual, so I don't know the exact name for it, nor do I know if it's on the XT version of the POD, as I've only ever owned the X3:lol:

I was under the impression Dan was gonna do it instead of me.
And now I don't have access to a bass guitar any time I want now:erk:

I did do a bass DI of crushcrushcrush some time ago, and posted it here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/954292/Crush%20Bass%20DI.wav) but last time I checked it was somewhat sloppy cause I did it in a hurry, struggling with my POD and hadn´t practiced in some time. I´m listening to it right now and it doesn´t sound bad but I`m not on my computer so I´m listening to the bare wav track without a click track.

I recorded this to the drum track uploaded by Morgan, which starts like the live version, at the first chorus. But Machinated some time ago sent me a mix with guitars he did, and I remember it had the whole song normally, so what do I do then? I can re-record if needed by tommorrow morning after getting back from the gym, but I´d like to know how will I do it? Like the live version, or the album version?

cheers dan - i haven't checked the bass on the original, so I dont know if the first and second verse are the same. im pretty much certain there are differences though......

it would be cool to have the bass like on the original as thats what I have everything mapped out to.

also was anyone down to do vocals?

I think Ryan Harvey had a friend, and Gareth also had a friend that could do it, I could try to contact them.

Could I be handed a track to record to? Morgan´s drums are like the live version, could you give me your guitars/prpgrammed drums so I can record it? and spill out the tempo you used please, or drums in midi or whatever

This kinda got away as people just kept saying 'yep I'll do it.. later'.

I think we should just do a couple songs with people who can play tightly with good equipment, none of the takes were supertight playing (Machinated's was, but I never got the .wav's from that). I'm happy to redo the drums if we get a couple people to commit to the bass/gutiar parts.

I can do all bass parts needed, just lost my job yesterday so I got more free time to practice hahaha

Seriously, I just downloaded Machinated´s stems and will now go up to my place and record the bass to it (I don´t have internet at home, I come down to a cybercafe to download shit then go home and track), and I remember this other guy did the bass to Decode and LTFB but never heard it, did he ever supply the DIs? I also wanted to do That´s what you get so I will happily do it, I remember this guy Fugazzi something wanted to sing on it but I haven´t seen him around for a while, so maybe if we get at least one or two people (I would like one girl and one guy) to sing on these covers, we could get them done in no time?

Anyways, I´m up to record the bass to Crush, tommorrow I´ll be online at my parent´s place so I`ll be checking what´s up with this

Let's maybe just aim for a couple of songs.. If it works out well we can do more. Since machinated has already done crush, may as well finish that. Then maybe Decode? With an extended solo section with a couple of different people, could be cool.

I like your idea Morgan, Decode with a few guest guitar solos at the end would be awesome, I'm totally down for that.

So for Crush, I recorded the bass DIs a couple hours ago, and fixed my home internet issues (by stealing the wifi from a cousin who lives across the street) and uploaded the Bass Di .wav file and a very quick mix I did with machinated's stems and my bass DI with slight processing, just for you to get to hear it all together and see if the performance glues tightly enough to the drums and guitar.

Bass DI

Quick mix with slightly processed bass

Please let me know what you think